Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Are We Fighting about HDMI?

1. Can we just card Opaque for going off-topic and be done with it?

2. Quote Originally Posted by FirstBlood View Post
    Is this referring to replacing a possibly faulty Belkin cable with a Monster Cable?
    According to Tommy and all the other experts it either works or it doesn't. 1s and 0s either all get there or they don't. So how could a cable be faulty and still work at all?

ZOMG PARADOX!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    By that logic a light that's turned on would never flicker. A TV show would never get grainy. My internet would never have packet loss. Now I know those aren't digital from the source so don't get fucking started.
    That's just silly Opaque, lights would flicker in this example because the signal being sent to it is momentarily turned off (i.e. turned to zero then turned right back to 1). Packet loss isn't based off of interference (at least with a wired connection) or the type of cable you have, it's based on your signal strength and many other factors relative to the hardwarer you are using and how it is configured.
    Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Explain how that cable, since it works at all, is just the same as the 1.3a cables, since that's the kind of logic going on in this thread.
    That cable displays an image because the standards allow it to, there are differences between 1.0 and 1.3, if you go read about the standards you would see that. The cables you buy from monoprice are 1.3a as well as the Monster Cable you have, there is no difference besides the categorization of their materials.
    Last edited by Brand X; 29 Nov 2007 at 01:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

4. Opaque has obviously bought into the Monster marketing machine and will not be swayed. It's like trying to tell a born-again that there is no god.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    According to Tommy and all the other experts it either works or it doesn't. 1s and 0s either all get there or they don't. So how could a cable be faulty and still work at all?

ZOMG PARADOX!
    You could have interference from the faulty connectors or whatever so some 1's/0's aren't getting through. There is no paradox.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    The cables you buy from monoprice are 1.3a as well as the Monster Cable you have, there is no difference besides the categorization of their materials.
    Now I didn't fuck with Monoprice cables, but just because they're supposed to be doesn't mean they are. Maybe they are, I don't know. The shit I played with wasn't, though.

This is the important thing: HDMI is a conduit. If you understand what I just said there you understand why not all HDMIs are the same.

7. Your mother's a conduit.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    You could have interference from the faulty connectors or whatever so some 1's/0's aren't getting through. There is no paradox.
    But Tommy just said that they either all do or they all don't.

That was his exact counter to me saying that I'm getting a better picture because there's no failure. Now either what you just typed is possible and what I'm saying is possible or what you just typed can't ever happen and Tommy was right.

Which is it?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    This is the important thing: HDMI is a conduit. If you understand what I just said there you understand why not all HDMIs are the same.
    I already pointed out to you that all HDMI cables are not the same, and that certain ones are categorized based on their length and materials. But those differences do not equate to any difference in picture (as long as the cables are up to the current standards obviously). You seem to have completely ignored all of the facts I posted about HDMI standards with your anecdotal evidence.

Lets finish this derailing. Just read this, and be done with this non sense since it refutes all of your arguments with facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

10. Brand, you're agreeing with me and you have been this whole time.

We agree that 1.3a is only better than 1.1 because of the way it's built correct? Well what happens if a cable that should only be rated at 1.2 is rated at 1.3a by it's manufacturer? That's what I saw. I saw a cable that didn't have the bandwidth to handle what it was showing even though the standard it claimed to be should be able to.

You're right there with me. Right fucking there.

I'm not saying Monster is the only company that can make 1.3a and shit I'm not even saying that they do it the best, what I'm saying is when you buy a 1.3a from Monster that's what you get an actual 1.3a and not something that should be rated lower. I've seen a few examples of things that aren't 1.3a but claim to be and shit maybe I'll try a Monoprice and see that it's also actually a 1.3a but right now I'm not fucking around with anything that hasn't proven itself to me.
    Last edited by Opaque; 29 Nov 2007 at 02:12 PM.