Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Very Bad Idea...

1. A Very Bad Idea...

I just saw this posted at Gamespot...

Mobile monitors coming to the Xbox

Interact announces that it will release a mobile monitor for Microsoft's system.

Following the release of its mobile monitor for the GameCube and the announcement of its mobile monitor for the PlayStation 2, Interact has announced that it's currently working on a mobile monitor for the Xbox. The mobile monitors are designed to attach to the system, enabling Xbox owners to theoretically use the system while on the go. Interact also plans to release a universal converter and car adaptor that will power 110V devices through a car's cigarette lighter socket.
    "Since the announcements about our newest mobile monitors, we've heard from our consumers and they are psyched to be able to take their consoles on the road and have the option to play their favorite video games," said Rodney Hillman, vice president of product development for Interact. "We are offering all the necessary equipment to take any video game system in the car, across town to Grandma's house, across the street to a friend's house, or even to take it to a vacation rental or hotel. You don't have to leave your system at home anymore when you go away."

The Xbox mobile monitor is scheduled for release in September.

Ok, these types of things make sense for PSOne and Gamecube, but X-Box? That is one system that was NEVER meant to be portable. The thing is like, 80 pounds or something!!!

Honestly. Even the Playstation 2 is more portable than the Xbox...

3. Agree. I like my Xbox, but its too damn heavy to carry it around, plus the weight of monitor itself.

Plus you will need a bigger car to be able to store Xbox right

4. i tell you those interact monitors are complete and total GARBAGE every single one gets returned cause it doesnt work

i have yet to see one of these pieces of crap work right out of the 10 or so weve seen go through the store

5. The only LCD Monitor I've seen and liked is Nintendo's. Their GC monitor was amazing at E3.

6. To fit the XBOX it's going to have to be like 30". hahahahahahha

7. You'd need one of those U-Haul trailers for the Xbox to be portable...

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

8. This is exactly what I was talking about. *sigh*

Pa

9. Mobile moniters are a bad idea on any system....

OXM said something about using these for LAN parties... seems like a gay idea to me... but so does having a moniter/game console in your car...

10. pwned by Ivan