Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4678

Thread: Temporary Japanese Sanity?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Because when they make stupid purchasing decisions it leads to great series being put on the fucking DS.
    Exactly. Japan still makes alot of games what sells there will ultimately affect what we can play.

2. Japan makes games?

Rarely but sometimes.

4. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    LOLOLOLOL

I'm not surprised. WTF is it about Pachinko that has the entire nation of Japan obsessed with it? It's as boring as slot machines. If you're going to gamble stick to games that actually take some skill like Poker.
    well if you consider that the gaming industry over there is more widely accepted as a viable form of entertainment (akin to tv and movies) then it doesnt seem to be a grand leap to see that we would have a similar situation over here; if games ever became as widely accepted. In the advent of the Wii and the DS, its heading toward that even moreso nowadays. Maybe instead of pachinko it would be some other non "hardcore" game, like Madden or World series of Poker, or "Push button and win: championship edition" that those casuals like so much.

stick to games that actually take some skill like Poker.
    See theres your problem right there. You assume that the general populace wants to achieve something through skill. They want shit like deal or no deal, or in this case pachinko.
    Last edited by Gymkata; 04 Dec 2007 at 11:46 AM. Reason: clarifying and driving home my point with the shifting of the paradigm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS