Thread: TNL mobile version?

1. TNL mobile version?

How hard would it be to do something like this? Several vB forums I go to have a wap.*.com version and it's really nice to be able to read them while stuck somewhere. Maybe it's just a theme that can be selected automatically or something...

2. Get the (free) Opera Mini browser for your phone. I surf TNL with Opera Mini all the time, and it looks great, logs you in automatically, etc.

3. alternatively you could just use the "archive" version of the forums on your phone, it shouldn't have any problems rendering unless it's an old phone that uses wap/wml

4. I meant to ask you about that. The Archive seems busted: it leaves out some threads. Go to Gaming Discussion in full view and then in Archive mode and you'll notice some threads are missing in the latter. I thought it was only some of the longer threads, but it's something else.

(For those wondering, look at the bottom-right of the page for the Archive link. There is another link in the Archive for PDAs.)

5. Opera Mini is pretty good for browsing the forum or other sites. The only problem I have is my phone's memory sucks. It crashes and I have to take out the battery sometimes.

I have the Samsung A900 just in case it matters.

6. Opera Mobile is decent while on WiFi or 3G, but on EDGE loading this site is a bitch. I would use archive, but it's not real-time.

wap.howardforums.com

You have to go to it using a cell phone to see what it looks like (it defaults to the main site if you load it on a PC), but that's what I'm talking about. Several vB sites have that format, and I think they may be using this plugin or an updated version.