Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete Calvin and Hobbes - $71.49 Shipped from Amazon

1. Complete Calvin and Hobbes - $71.49 Shipped from Amazon

http://astore.amazon.com/thenextleve...631266-9322404

No free shipping, but it is only $3.99 for standard. $71.49 including shipping.

2. Does anyone own this? Seems like a solid buy. Are the hardbound books convenient to read? That is, do they open and lay flat, or will they slam closed if you're not holding them? Also, do the pages have sufficient margins so that the panels aren't cut off in the bindings?

3. I've got pretty much every single strip in the "convienent bathroom reading" editions already, it seems like a ten pound book would be a bit much. It's super nice, though.

I have no idea what extras or commentary are included in the HC.

The store samples do infact open flat.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 13 Feb 2008 at 04:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. It's an amazing collection, the books are just massive.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Does anyone own this? Seems like a solid buy. Are the hardbound books convenient to read? That is, do they open and lay flat, or will they slam closed if you're not holding them? Also, do the pages have sufficient margins so that the panels aren't cut off in the bindings?
    I own this, it's amazing. They will stay fairly flat when you have them open, but the books are pretty big, so they're not comfortable to hold in your lap and read or to carry around really. But it's every single Calvin and Hobbes in chronological order, well worth the money.

I haven't looked at in a while since my copies are in the states, but I'm pretty sure they had more than sufficient margins.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. Thanks for the info. I may have to dish out for this.

7. Trust me, if you like Calvin and Hobbes (WTF is wrong with you if you don't) you'll love it. I preordered it the second it was offered and don't regret the purchase in the least.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

8. I wanted to get it but it's 94.50 now...
    Become History
    Awesome stuff I'm selling | Backloggery | Tumblr
    2013 Completion (2): PC (1), 360 (1)

9. Quote Originally Posted by Shou View Post
    I wanted to get it but it's 94.50 now...
    Shipping it overseas would be outrageously expensive. It's fucking huge and extremely heavy. That's why my copy is still in the states.

10. If you click the link that says, 40 new or used available from $79.00, you'll find one merchant selling it new for $79.00. It doesn't come directly from Amazon, and I'm not sure how much the shipping is, but you can check.