Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12346 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Suggestions

1. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    A friend of mine has a STI and loves it. Then again, I'm not a fan of paying for premium gas these days - way too expensive.
    My father owns a 2001 WRX I do not really recommend them. He pays out the ass on premium, and the repair costs are pretty inflated. His suspension system also seemed to die out of nowhere, too, and it was rather expensive to have that taken care of.

Really, it's just not practical. Horribly, horribly fun car and I love it to death but I told him that I didn't want it (he suggested giving it to me once he gets a new car). I'd just end up selling it :-/
    Last edited by Nomi; 06 Dec 2007 at 10:04 PM.

2. I would suggest finding two or three model used cars you want, then shopping at http://autos.yahoo.com , and then following up with www.carfax.com to do a background check.

In Jan 2003, I found a six month old Saturn SL2 thirty miles away with under 7,000 miles for $7,999. At the time, I think they were sold for $14,000 new, $10,000 used.

EDIT: Plus seeing everything on the internets, I showed up at the lot and didn't have to haggle about price or financing.
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 06 Dec 2007 at 12:35 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

3. Scion xB. Great gas mileage and lots of interior room. Don't get the new model ones because they are sexless.
    Boo, Hiss.

4. The STi starts at like $33k for a 2008. I've just got the 2.5i, stylish and still fun to drive.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

5. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    LOL... That's where I got my nickname, but I think it's Nissan who has the "Type" classes. I was looking at Civics though.
    Honda doesn't release the type r badged cars in America, but they do in other places.

As far as being on topic - buy something smaller and useful with good gas mileage that isn't new.

I've bought two new cars in my life, both times because I really "needed" to have certain options/etc. Both were hondas so the resale value was really good, but I don't think I'll buy another new car ever again.

6. Get a german car.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

7. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    Get a german car.
    You're from europe so Ill let you know there are two huuuuuuuge differences between German cars in europe and in the US.

1) The only inexpensive German cars we get over here are VWs.

2) 95% of the VWs we get here are built in Mexico.

3) Thus, VW's in the united states are horrible pieces of shit I wouldn't inflict on a child molester.

To Ryan: I wouldn't buy new, you loose anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of your money the second you drive it home.

As for the car, it all depends on what your looking for, Sporty? Functional? 2/4 door? Trunk big enough to hide dead hookers in?
    Last edited by Wildkat; 06 Dec 2007 at 03:52 PM.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I was looking at Civics though.
    I just got a 2008 Civic EX coupe at the end of October and couldn't be happier. Out of few cars I was deciding between (Scion TC, Civic, Impreza) it easily had the coolest/nicest interior. Gets fantastic gas milage, and felt better driving than either of the other cars (to me at least). It doesn't quite have the pick up of a Scion, and no AWD like the Impreza, but I've enjoyed driving it immensely (and it seems to handle pretty well in the snow too).

Obviously go with whatever car feels the best for you after test driving them. I just figured I would chime in with my impressions since I just recently got one.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    You're from europe so Ill let you know there are two huuuuuuuge differences between German cars in europe and in the US.

1) The only inexpensive German cars we get over here are VWs.

2) 95% of the VWs we get here are built in Mexico.

3) Thus, VW's in the united states are horrible pieces of shit I wouldn't inflict on a child molester.
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear. I didn't know those facts. My german Mercedes is from 1984, and it runs better and better for each year. German craftmanship.
    nocturne:
    "I view terrorists as freedom fighters."

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I got a 2008 Toyota Corolla Sport a few months ago and I love it.
    Out of curiosity, how does it handle? Does it have any agility?

Quote Originally Posted by Brand X View Post
    I just got a 2008 Civic EX coupe at the end of October and couldn't be happier. Out of few cars I was deciding between (Scion TC, Civic, Impreza) it easily had the coolest/nicest interior. Gets fantastic gas milage, and felt better driving than either of the other cars (to me at least). It doesn't quite have the pick up of a Scion, and no AWD like the Impreza, but I've enjoyed driving it immensely (and it seems to handle pretty well in the snow too).
    Funny you should mention that since I just looked at one of those on Honda's site. They look pretty good. It pretty much hits some of the things I'm looking for in a car. I'll have to check and see if there are any recent model pre-owned Civics. I'd have to be in love with a car before I buy it brand new.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill