Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Suggestions

1. You know how I feel about hondas. They will last you forever and give you little or no problems. I <3 my civic. One of the girls at my work just bought a new Nissan Altima coupe. It is sick.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    , i'd say a Honda fit or Civic.
    Not a Fit, I test drove one and it's a big piece of dog poo.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

3. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    even the german made ones don't do well. maintenance is loltasticly high too. car and driver just finished a long term gti test and maintenace was like 4x higher than the mitsubishi eclipse they had just had.

that said my second choice was a gti. they are sweet
    I currently own a MkV GTI. Awesome car...and no real issues after almost 2 years of ownership.

4. 1971 AMC Gremlin

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Not if you can afford it. It's more stupid to buy used, unreliable shitheaps.
    Even if you can afford it its still kind of crazy. You're paying thousands of dollars extra just so you can be the first person to fart into the seat cushions.

I bought my last car new (2004 xA) only because it was exactly what I wanted (a car that looked like a tennis shoe) and it was just being released so there was zero used market. I love my car, but I just can't see buying new. Until I get a minivan to drive the kids to soccer or some shit.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Even if you can afford it its still kind of crazy. You're paying thousands of dollars extra just so you can be the first person to fart into the seat cushions.
    No, I'm paying extra for reliability and an extended warranty. Just because a used car is "certified" or whatever bullshit tag the car dealer suckers the public with doesn't mean anything. I know a few shady people who sell used cars and you have no idea the lengths they go to cover up problems just to make a sale.

I owned plenty of used cars in my time, and they all gave me problems. I can afford a new cars now, so I buy them.

Plus it IS nice to know that someone else's food and crap isn't ground into the seams of the seats and console.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. I bought my car new earlier this year. Partly because I just wanted to buy new at least once, partly because my previous two cars were used and had some owner-induced issues (minor issues, but annoying) I wanted to avoid. I also wanted a bullet-proof warranty so I could have the peace of mind knowing that if something breaks or gets wonky, it gets fixed for free while I'm paying off the car. Plus, with a car like mine it's nice to know that my car wasn't previously abused and that the internals don't have any hidden damage that'll manifest later. It's easy to break shit with 400ft/lbs.

8. I bought a used 2006 Scion XB back in august and I have enjoyed it so far. It had 13,000miles, and still had 2 years and 23,000 miles left on the factory warranty. I bought it for $13,500, which translates to about $236 a month on a six year loan at 6.5&#37;.

Everything, aside from the pick up and minor handling issues (can feel a little off balance when accelerating off the line), is awesome. Lots of interior space, excellent gas millage, nice look.
    Great bang for my buck.

I'm not really recommending it, I'm just stating what I have, how much I pay, etc.

I will say though, if you buy used, try to buy something that still has at least a couple years left on the original factory warranty. Peace of mind is nice to have.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Criticom View Post
    I bought a used 2006 Scion XB back in august and I have enjoyed it so far. It had 13,000miles, and still had 2 years and 23,000 miles left on the factory warranty. I bought it for $13,500, which translates to about $236 a month on a six year loan at 6.5&#37;.
    I'm paying $260 a month on a 5 year loan for my brand-new 2008 Corolla Sport. A Scion XB runs about the same price (new, anyway)...it sounds like you fucked bad on your deal.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 Dec 2007 at 12:15 AM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    I'm paying $260 a month on a 5 year loan for my brand-new 2008 Corolla Sport. A Scion XB runs about the same price (new, anyway)...it sounds like you fucked bad on your deal.
    Naw, that's about right according to this payment calculator. A five year loan at the same rate would've bumped payments up just $30, and would've saved, in the long run, about $400. He probably did not make a down payment, so he financed the whole $13,500.