Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 24567810 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Suggestions

1. You lying cunt.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    Nice an' tight, like an 8 year old's anus.
    I'm sorry, but the floaty suspension, heaps of body roll and feather light steering does not equate to tight handling. I own a last gen Corolla S, my sister in law has a current Corolla S, and I've rode in the next gen 2009 Corolla S and not a whole lot has changed in that area.

If a handling compact is what TypeRyan wants, then a Mazda3 or a Civic (coupe please... the sedan is fuugly) or a Fit should be up his alley.

But TypeRyan shouldn't just take my word for it... test drive it and see if your conclusion is the same as mine.

I have nothing against Corollas. They're comfortable, smooth, and last freakin forever. But handling is not really its strong suit.

3. Sooner or later I'm going to need to learn how to fucking drive. Actually, just get my license. I've been practicing driving for three years.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    Corolla really are great cars. my family used to have an 84. no major problems ever and got rid of it maybe 5 years ago. they also still have a 94 that had some wonky electrical problem (light wouldnt turn off) but it somehow fixed itself and aside from some rusting through under the doors still starts like day one.
    Yeah, that was my main motivation for buying one. My last car was sportier (Dodge Avenger) but turned into a big hassle with shit going wrong after just a few years. I did my homework this time and everything pointed to the Corolla's quality in terms of reliability. Plus, the Sport version looks pretty sharp, imo. The seats are way comfy, too (important for roads trips).

Also, it's just a very solid, well constructed car with some nice features. The thing even has front and rear side curtain airbags, which is very rare for a car in that price range.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubaki View Post
    I have nothing against Corollas. They're comfortable, smooth, and last freakin forever. But handling is not really its strong suit.
    Handles just fine to me.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 09 Dec 2007 at 05:41 PM.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. I drive a Corolla to work every day across the city (Toronto) and the fuel economy makes the decision very easy for me. I'd like to have a second car for sport, but that will come in due time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. That's another thing about the Corolla...I'm saving a fucking fortune in gas.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    No, I'm paying extra for reliability and an extended warranty. Just because a used car is "certified" or whatever bullshit tag the car dealer suckers the public with doesn't mean anything. I know a few shady people who sell used cars and you have no idea the lengths they go to cover up problems just to make a sale.

QFT. I worked at a dealership doing parts delivery and I witnessed the evils of the used car business. It was a legit GM dealership and they would buy the cheapest parts possible, new or used, to fix a vehicle and get it on the lot for sale. Goodwrench parts had no chance of going on a used vehicle there.

I would have to agree with others about Toyota's reliability. My Uncle has owned several and with proper maintenance they will topple 100k with no major repairs. I bought a 2001 Dodge Dakota quad cab pick up new and it needed transmission work around 60k miles. Major BS, IMO. I replaced the brakes on that truck before it it 20k too. That along with the gas cost led me to get my 2005 Camry.

I know its not the most sporty thing, but I bought it as economical transportation, and I got an amazing deal on it new. This is a good time to buy a new car if you can find an 07.

8. I'd like to volunteer a hearty "LOL gas mileage," and will probably be joined by Stormy and Wildkat.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hubbitron View Post
    You know how I feel about hondas. They will last you forever and give you little or no problems. I <3 my civic. One of the girls at my work just bought a new Nissan Altima coupe. It is sick.

Yeah, the more I think about it, I'm either going to get a Civic or some Acura model. Hondas have never let me down. I think I've had my fill of Altimas. I'm looking at this car.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

10. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    I'm looking at this car.
    Please not the four door model!