Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Damn, how much did you sell your TV for?
    I sold my house for $220,000 (240?) after paying $104,000 for it. The TV I sold for $500.

One of these had a lot more to do with buying a car in cash than the other one.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    That's another thing about the Corolla...I'm saving a fucking fortune in gas.
    I'm sexy enough as it is. Driving a granny car is the only peace and quiet I get from the constant swooning of nearby women over my chiseled buttox.

My folks own a BMW though. It's pretty sweet to drive around. You don't feel shit going around corners. Like a space ship or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I sold my house for $220,000 (240?) after paying $104,000 for it. The TV I sold for $500.
    When did you sell it? The housing market is such shit right now down there. It's booming up here right now. You'd be smart to rent for a couple of years depending on how things are in your general area.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 09 Dec 2007 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

When I bought my 2004 scion in, wait for it, 2004.

Bought it in 2000, improved the fuck out of it, and then sold it when I went insane and used the money for a silly rock and roll adventure. And a car.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    I'd like to volunteer a hearty "LOL gas mileage," and will probably be joined by Stormy and Wildkat.
    16 MPG city on premium since moving to LA. LOL gas mileage!

I get 2x that and I drive like the king of all douchebags.

6. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    16 MPG city on premium since moving to LA.
    Same here. Slightly redeemed by 24 MPG highway, completely redeemed by the joy of driving.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Please not the four door model!
    QFT. I the 4 door looks like absolute shit. There's plenty of room in the back seat of the coupe that you shouldn't even contemplate getting the 4 door.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    I'd like to volunteer a hearty "LOL gas mileage," and will probably be joined by Stormy and Wildkat.
    Gas mileage is for women and communists. 13MPG and proud baby!.

Well, not really. The sad part is my play-around sporty car will likely get better mileage than my "daily driver" pickup.

9. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    Please not the four door model!
    Having 4 doors makes it easier for me to load/unload my drums and music equipment. If I didn't play music, I'd definitely have a 2-door.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

10. Quote Originally Posted by Sinista View Post
    QFT. I worked at a dealership doing parts delivery and I witnessed the evils of the used car business. It was a legit GM dealership and they would buy the cheapest parts possible, new or used, to fix a vehicle and get it on the lot for sale. Goodwrench parts had no chance of going on a used vehicle there.
    My friend's brother owns a used car lot. They do all sorts of fucked up shit, like scheduling people to come down on rainy days to pick up a car if it has a lot of dings, since dings are harder to see in the rain. Or if one side of the car is especially dinged up, they park that side so close to another car on the lot that the customer can't get a look.

Hell, I traded in my old Avenger at the Toyoda dealer and the thing was dying- head gasket was leaking, brakes were gone, you name it. My friend's brother told me that he was 99% sure Toyoda would simply try to roll the Avenger through an auction, sticking some poor sucker with a car that's about to croak.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww