Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Suggestions

1. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    don't get the lame impreza, the base lancer on the other hand is cool
    Don't listen to this man, the new Lancer is hideous!

I was walking on some dealer lots yesterday while my car was serviced and happened to see a new Lancer right next to an Evo IX. Completely cemented my opinion than the old model is a billion times better looking.

2. idbtn
    Click for full size

The GTS is a very good package for $18k, if a little slow

ENGINE: 2.0-liter, 152-horsepower* MIVEC engine
    TRANSMISSION: five-speed manual transmission or six-step continuously variable transmission (CVT) with magnesium paddle shifters
    INTERIOR: Bluetooth® hands-free phone interface system, sport bucket seats, automatic climate control, power windows/locks/mirrors, tilt adjustable steering column, cruise control, multi-information display, variable intermittent wipers, 12V accessory outlet, 60/40 folding rear seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, steering wheel-mounted cruise control and audio switches, adjustable rear headrests and a 140-watt Mitsubishi CD/MP3-compatible audio system with six speakers
    EXTERIOR: sport-tuned suspension including front strut tower brace, 18-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, front and lower side air-dam extensions, rear spoiler, chrome exhaust tip, color-keyed door handles and side-view mirrors, chrome grille accent, auto-off halogen headlights, side turn markers, roof-mounted antenna, high-mount rear brake lamp and remote keyless entry
    SAFETY: anti-lock brakes (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD), tire-pressure monitoring system, anti-theft alarm system and engine immobilizer, daytime running lights, LATCH system for child-safety seats, and seven airbag safety system with advanced dual-stage front airbags†, driver and passenger side-impact airbags†, front and rear curtain airbags† and driver's knee airbag†
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lan08_pglgprev_ex_1_en-us.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	29702  
    Last edited by stormy; 23 Dec 2007 at 02:49 PM.

3. BODY: Ugly.
    DRIVETRAIN: FWD, unlike the AWD base Impreza.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    BODY: Ugly.
    DRIVETRAIN: FWD, unlike the AWD base Impreza.
    The base models aren't powerful enough for the drivetrain to matter all that much. I bet the Mazda 3 handles better than the base impreza, Lancer might too. Imprezas generally understeer like a fwd'er anyway, even with AWD.

5. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    The base models aren't powerful enough for the drivetrain to matter all that much. I bet the Mazda 3 handles better than the base impreza, Lancer might too. Imprezas generally understeer like a fwd'er anyway, even with AWD.
    But they are RALLY CARS.

Talking performance with these sub-20k cars is kinda pointless, really. I'd base my purchase decision completely on a subjective test-drive and on looks.

(P.S. From what I know, I'd buy the Mazda 3.)

6. I have a 2007 Nissan Sentra, that I pay about $300 a month for because I didn't put down a great down payment. It runs perfectly fine for me, and it gets awesome gas mileage. At the time I bought it, I was still driving 100 miles a day on city streets delivering pizzas...so gas mileage was a factor in my purchasing decision. Now that I'm teaching though, the school I work at is only 10 minutes from my house. So, I put $40 worth of gas in at the beginning of the month, and I don't have to fill it up again until the next month

I also mostly bought the Sentra because my Dad has a 94 Sentra with over 250,000 miles on it...it has caused very few problems over the years...and it still runs like its brand new.

7. The worst thing about the Mazda 3 is the interior. I'm too tall for it, I feel like I'm sitting on top of it and not in it. The flashing LEDs on the stereo are really juvenile too. The Lancer has the best interior. The Civic's is just wierd.

8. I was listening to this podcast on the way back home for Christmas and they rip the new Lancer (not the Evo). They start on it around 40:00 in. Enjoy. (Two guys call it the worst car they've driven all year.)
    Last edited by MarkRyan; 28 Dec 2007 at 03:50 PM.

9. I read some really bad reviews of the Lancer since I posted about it. It was always of the sub-GTS models though. I still haven't seen anything too bad regarding the GTS. I've only seen it at the one auto show, my impressions were good but maybe it sucks. They had the ES in that pod cast. The GTS has a different suspension.

I like reading Edmunds long term test blog. Here is the link to their lancer GTS blog. They mostly like it. http://blogs.edmunds.com/roadtests/c...bishiLancerGTS
    Last edited by stormy; 28 Dec 2007 at 05:00 PM.

10. The deed has been done. I got a '07 Civic Si.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill