Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Suggestions

1. Car Suggestions

Ok.

I just got word from a very trust-worthy mechanic that my car is nearing the end of its useful life cycle and I really don't feel like putting any more money into my car than what it's actually worth ($1700).

So, I'm wondering if any of the car-savvy members of TNL could lend me some suggestions as to what car I should buy.

My budget is between $15,000 and $18,000 for a car and I'm also debating "Pre-Owned" vs. Brand New.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

2. Get a Geo Metro.
    They can be had for between $400, and $3000, and you'll be able to travel twice as far on a gallon of gas than someone in a typical oversized car.

3. Subaru Impreza, just bought a new one about 6 months ago. Love it.
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

4. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Civic Type Ryan.
    I thought for sure that was going to say Rice
    "Remember, not knowing how to cook is like not knowing how to fuck."
    Geek in the Desert

5. Or... you can pick up one of these for $1200 and get fifty miles to the gallon!!

Just think of the coke party you can have with your remaining $13,000!!!

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. I got a 2008 Toyota Corolla Sport a few months ago and I love it.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Everyone is just going to tell you to get the same car they got.

Don't buy a new car btw... that shit is just stupid.

8. Batmobile

9. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi View Post
    Subaru Impreza, just bought a new one about 6 months ago. Love it.
    A friend of mine has a STI and loves it. Then again, I'm not a fan of paying for premium gas these days - way too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Civic Type Ryan.
    LOL... That's where I got my nickname, but I think it's Nissan who has the "Type" classes. I was looking at Civics though.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Everyone is just going to tell you to get the same car they got.

Don't buy a new car btw... that shit is just stupid.
    I'm rolling the dice on this one to see if there's good advice or if I just get sarcasm - either way I'll be informed or entertained.

I think I'm leaning towards getting a decent pre-owned car instead of a brand new one, so that should make you happy.

Besides, I'm in the market for a new drum set, so any money I save will go towards that
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill