Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Suggestions

1. if you want a sporty driving compact car you want a mazda 3 (keyword agility), but the civic is ok if you dont mind how weird it looks. maybe you could find a used current gen altima? that would be nice but they arent that old, so i have no idea what used pricing is.

2. Quote Originally Posted by dakidski View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry to hear. I didn't know those facts. My german Mercedes is from 1984, and it runs better and better for each year. German craftmanship.

Yes, OLD German craftsmanship back when they made cars that ran till apocalypse. New German cars suck balls mechanically speaking.

Best bang for your buck is a Mazda 3 2.3 engine hatch or coupe. Although I'd prefer a used Mustang GT myself.

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

3. ...Bet you could find a used 2005 GTO with around 50,000 miles for $18k...

If I were buying a cheap new car, I'd go for the Honda Fit, based purely on what I've read. I think they look neat, fun, and useful.

If you're buying used, you can get quite a lot of car for $14-18k. But you need to state your priorities before we can help you narrow it down.

4. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan View Post
    ...Bet you could find a used 2005 GTO with around 50,000 miles for $18k...

If I were buying a cheap new car, I'd go for the Honda Fit, based purely on what I've read. I think they look neat, fun, and useful.

If you're buying used, you can get quite a lot of car for $14-18k. But you need to state your priorities before we can help you narrow it down.
    both good suggestions. i like the fit a lot but i'd want a real car as my main ride, but i'm old. look for gtos

just dont get something boring

5. Take public transportation.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    You're from europe so Ill let you know there are two huuuuuuuge differences between German cars in europe and in the US.

1) The only inexpensive German cars we get over here are VWs.

2) 95% of the VWs we get here are built in Mexico.

3) Thus, VW's in the united states are horrible pieces of shit I wouldn't inflict on a child molester.

To Ryan: I wouldn't buy new, you loose anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 of your money the second you drive it home.

As for the car, it all depends on what your looking for, Sporty? Functional? 2/4 door? Trunk big enough to hide dead hookers in?
    Not anymore...all current gen Rabbits, GTI's, and Passats come from Germany.

7. even the german made ones don't do well. maintenance is loltasticly high too. car and driver just finished a long term gti test and maintenace was like 4x higher than the mitsubishi eclipse they had just had.

that said my second choice was a gti. they are sweet

8. With the way economy is going these days, I'll choose a car that is gas efficient. I'll be in the mark to look for a new/used car to replace my '95 Ford Taurus that my parents handed down to me. I got another $10,000 left in my college loan and I should be done paying it off by March (if things stays that way it is now financially). By 2009-2010, I'll be in the market for a replacement...unless my Fix Or Repair Daily craps out on me.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Out of curiosity, how does it handle?
    Nice an' tight, like an 8 year old's anus.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Don't buy a new car btw... that shit is just stupid.
    Not if you can afford it. It's more stupid to buy used, unreliable shitheaps.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

10. If i was getting a car i wanted, i'd get the Mazda 3 hatchback or 2002-2005 Civic hatchback. If i was suggesting a car, i'd say a Honda fit or Civic.
    Donk