Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taunting in video games...

zidane747 Guest

Taunting in video games...

And I don't mean Dan's taunt in SFA3, I'm talking about YOU taunting the game. I've been known to do this quite a lot(with MGS2 and DMC). It's mostly like "eat this, bitch!!" or "you want some more?!". Any of you guys ever done that?(and yes, I'm one sad individual)

2. Hell yeah, I do that all the time. Any time I get past some frustrating area, screams of "YEAH! What NOW, Bitch?!" are frequently heard resounding throughout my house. I do it for all sorts of games, though many fighting game final bosses don't get taunts, they get, "The fuck was that bullshit he just pulled out of his ass?!" By the time I've finally beaten them, I usually don't care enough to taunt, I'm just glad it's over with.

Nope, I don't do that in the arcades. I find it highly unsportmanlike, so I just let that fact that you're inserting more coins ( or pressing the start button again ) speak for itself.

I find trash-talking to other people highly annoying.

Now, I do it at home when I'm by myself. Like when say, the computer is throwing out the same moves over and over again. I'd say something like, "Naw, don't try to stop now! Not so anxious to do it now, are you?".
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

4. Isn't trash talking big in fighting tournaments?
    pwned by Ivan

5. Originally posted by Green
    Isn't trash talking big in fighting tournaments?
    Probably, I don't really like doing it in person, I just enjoy it towards the puter.

Originally posted by Green
    Isn't trash talking big in fighting tournaments?
    Well, I heard some from "BANG THE MACHINE", and they sounded like total morons. I heard something to the effect of "You 30% winning *#&$^*# &#&&$&%" *all laughing*.
    Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi View Post
    SNK is like an abusive boyfriend; he keeps hitting me, and I want to leave him, but then I think about the good times we have together and keep telling myself I'll give him just one more chance to change.

7. I've been known to scream at the Tv. Only if something happend beyond my control and it wasn't a result of a lack of skill. For example, if I'm playing a 3D action game and I get "stuck" on an object or while jumping the camera flails around like a little girl causing me to die, I will "yell" at the game. however, if I die in a shooter because I'm not good enough to dodge a bullet or something, I take it as a learning experience. It's rather silly to yell at a game in the first place, let alone if the blame lays at my own feet.

As for other people, I only joke around with my friends. Some of my friends however, become rather arrogant when they win and turn into crybabies when they lose. They can be winning and they say "This game rules", then I beat them and they say "This game is horrible". Or they excuse me of cheating or being "cheesy". You know, the usual excuses.

8. Only with Final Fantasy Tactics. Whenever the battle starts, I just quietly mention how I'm going to kill every last one of them. But only with FFT, I'm not sure why.

9. i like to do a forward-roll into a crouching uppercut while crying...

... what's that you say? DAN OWNS YOUR SOUL? HELL YEAH!

*signs picture and throws it at random person*

... oh yeah, and i tend to yell at enemies in Shining Force when they get a Critical Hit, or block an all-important attack...

(sons of bitches... )

10. Isn't trash talking big in fighting tournaments?
    depends on the tournament. if its held in a local arcade its usually the friends of the guys playing doing the trash talking for him. if im up in a tekken tournament you can usally hear "ling power!" being shouted somewhere. if the person you're fighting is trash talking though its better to be silent, or better yet compliment them after they lose, that'll really piss em off.