Thread: PSXchange

1. PSXchange

Does anyone own one of these gizmos? It's a boot disc (similar to the Utopia Disc for the Dreamcast) that allows you to play imported PS1 games on a domestic PS1 without the need to install a Mod Chip. Are they any good? There are several Japanese PS1 games I'm interested in importing, namely TearRing Saga, Namco Museum Encore (for Rolling Thunder) and Gradius Gaiden to name a few. Also, what's the best way of playing PS2 imports (aside from buying a Japanese PS2)?

2. Hey

I think you should go for a good mod if you can. I got PaCrappa to do mine, & I have nothing but good things to say about it. I do believe it is a stealth mod, because I can still play all of my capcom games too. The Mod only cost me $20 + the shipping to get it there & back. I totally recommend this, I do the boot disk thing for DC games & it is such a pain in the ass! I need to get a mod for it too. =)

Later

JM

PS get Gradius Gaiden first! It is SO awesome!

3. yeah johnny they work fine. also work to boot cdr's.

4. Will they play import Playstation 1 imports on the PS2, or only on PSX/PS1?
    omg TNL epics!

5. ps 1

6. Poo
    omg TNL epics!

Shikyoh Guest
    Yeah they work just fine. But you really should get your shit modded instead.