Page 1 of 14 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Poker Thread!

1. Official Poker Thread!

POKER THREAD. Basically, discuss poker and share poker stories.

So lately I've become a tad obsessed with poker. I play in a league at least once a week and play quite a bit online too. Last week was nuts, we had a royal flush (first I've seen in person) and 2 4 of a kinds in a 30 man tournament game. The 2 4 of a kinds were on my table, the last taking almost all of my chips

I find that tournament play is the most rewarding (obviously no limit hold'em). Knowing that cunts aren't just gonna chip up if they fuck up is nice, and everyone is on the same playing field. Financially though, theres nothing better than a cock trying to bluff in a money game (once one guy gave me about $300 in 4 hands).

Do any of you play? As i understand it there's some kind of legislation against online gambling in the states or something, but I'd love to go a few rounds with you guys. We could always play over xbl, but only if its a TNL room only, most people are retarded and all in all of the time.

PS, OMG WATCH THIS:

2. Never fold a pair of Kings.

Seriously.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Certainly not pre-flop.

4. Liquor in the front, poker in the rear.

I play twice a year in tourney's in Vegas, you wanna know who will beat you? Noobs, because they don't do normal shit, you can't read them at all. I mean, deuce-king off suit, all in type shit. The best way to win big Hold 'em tourney's is to slow play the shit out of your cards for the first hour or two.
    Easier said then done though.

5. Ugh, you just reminded me of a few weeks ago...

I was off to a good start and then continuously got shit cards. after about n hour, I get pocket 8's. Being big blind, I decide to try and steal the blinds with an oversized raise. Everyone folds except for this pregnant chick, who calls.

Flop comes out, JQ7. I decide to play like I have pocket A's and bluff my ass off. I throw about a quarter of my sizable chip stack in, she calls.

Next card, a 4. I throw out about 2 thirds of my remaining chip stack. She looks at her cards, and after about 10 seconds, she calls.

last card is a 3. I figure at best she has hit a Q or was chasing a flush, so i go all in. She calls.

Cards flip, and you know what she called on and was playing that whole round? fucking J3 unsuited. She played that hard all the way to the river without even having top pair. I lose all my chips, she chips up enough to make final table.

6. Women are the worst people to play poker with, they usually don't know what's going on and never bluff. So when they do, it fucks everybody up.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I play twice a year in tourney's in Vegas, you wanna know who will beat you? Noobs, because they don't do normal shit, you can't read them at all. I mean, deuce-king off suit, all in type shit.
    That shit drives me nuts.

8. Quote Originally Posted by portnoyd View Post
    That shit drives me nuts.
    Yup, and in a tourney it's not like a can just put a 1000 in the pot and by them, it's a locked amount.

9. I play every once in awhile for fun, poker is huge in my family and my mom is serious business. She won a pretty big poker tournament at the MGM last time we went to Vegas, which is cool because she was like the only woman.

Don't ever get caught up in that online gambling stuff, I know a lot of people who have had their lives destroyed because of it...I'm glad they're trying to ban it.

10. Rated E has become more hotter.

also: I used to play. I mainly played for fun and not for money. I can confirm I am a horrible poker player.
    Last edited by Advocate; 08 Dec 2007 at 12:36 PM.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.