Page 11 of 390 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. The people going LOLPS2!!!11 are kind of missing the point, probably due to intentional stupidity. There's no reason whatsoever the PS2 can't handle Rock Band. It wouldn't look as sharp, but every single feature in the game can be reproduced on the PS2 with the exception of the giant crowds. Making a crap version of the game is simple laziness.

James

2. Yo I just beat Run to the Hills on hard.

shit was straight up epic. that drum beat is ridiculous.

kinda stupid how they make the main drum beat with tons of triplets, but once you get the the showcase roll-> crash, roll->crash during the chorus it's just two notes. lame.

3. im loving this game, me my friend brien and my sister are having tons of fun with it, totally worth the purchase.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    me my friend brien
    That's a really weird way to spell that.

5. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    The people going LOLPS2!!!11 are kind of missing the point, probably due to intentional stupidity. There's no reason whatsoever the PS2 can't handle Rock Band. It wouldn't look as sharp, but every single feature in the game can be reproduced on the PS2 with the exception of the giant crowds. Making a crap version of the game is simple laziness.

James
    ...or the updated-weekly downloadable songs, and if you're willing to pay $150+ to miss out on that...

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    That's a really weird way to spell that.
    isn't it? He is my ex roomate, we almost loved in with another brian, so it was gonna be brian, brien, and brian
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    isn't it? He is my ex roomate, we almost loved in with another brian, so it was gonna be brian, brien, and brian
    loved in?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post
    loved in?
    haha whoopps, sorry on iPhone, ment "moved in"

9. The latest on the PS3 patch issue:
    Activision: MTV 'Painting a Very Misleading Picture' Over Rock Band PS3 Patch

Activision has now responded to MTV Games' accusation that they are holding up a PS3 patch that would allow PS3 Guitar Hero controllers to work with Rock Band.

Posted by James Brightman on Thursday, December 13, 2007

Earlier this week, GameDaily BIZ received an interesting statement from MTV Games and Harmonix, which alleged that Activision has been at fault for the lack of PS3 Guitar Hero guitar compatibility with Rock Band on Sony's console.

Now, however, officials from Activision have notified us to refute MTV's claims. Activision says that it was actually Harmonix that declined Activision's offer to reach an agreement.

Here's the statement in full:
    To Music Gaming Fans:

The recent announcement by MTV Games/Viacom's Harmonix division that Activision is blocking Sony from releasing a patch and their plea to enable Rock Band software to work with Guitar Hero hardware paints a very misleading picture.

In fact, Harmonix and its parent company MTV Games/Viacom recently declined Activision's offer to reach an agreement that would allow the use of Guitar Hero guitar controllers with Rock Band. We have been and remain open to discussions with Harmonix and MTV Games/Viacom about the use of our technology in Rock Band. Unfortunately for Rock Band users, in this case Harmonix and MTV Games/Viacom are unwilling to discuss an agreement with Activision.

Activision's top priority is to provide consumers with a seamless marriage of best-in-class hardware and software. We are focusing our efforts on innovating hardware and software that are designed to work together, work flawlessly and provide an enjoyable gaming experience.

Best regards,
    Activision
    LOL @ anyone who can't read between the lines here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    Bryan is the preferred spelling.