Page 13 of 390 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. I know people have been trying to get the drums working as a MIDI device, not sure about the guitars though.

2. We had a holiday get together yesterday and Netwurked brought his rock band gear over, what a blast! Watching some of the ladies get into it that aren't usually into video games was awesome. I will definitely be picking this up soon. I have actually had the most fun singing, except gimme shelter, those high notes are a bitch for peeps with low voices. Epic for the win FTW!

3. http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2007/...elin-and-more/

harmonix dev answering why only 1 instrument per avatar, no online band world tour, ect.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. So, werd on the skreet is that the PS3 instruments work with the PS2 version, which is the first non-obnoxious news I've heard about that rev. Nothing's been said about GH guitars working yet, however.

5. Songs are up on 360.

6. I drive home today to see my replacement drum gear lying next to to front door. The box with the pedal is taped shut. The box with the drum pads had no tape on it at all and is empty. The shipping label says it was supposed to be a 14 pound box, so I'm guessing somebody just opened it up and jacked what was inside.

Fucking UPS. At least take that shit to the back door or don't leave it in the open like that. Now I have to go through some more red tape to get another set of pads shipped to me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    I drive home today to see my replacement drum gear lying next to to front door. The box with the pedal is taped shut. The box with the drum pads had no tape on it at all and is empty. The shipping label says it was supposed to be a 14 pound box, so I'm guessing somebody just opened it up and jacked what was inside.

Fucking UPS. At least take that shit to the back door or don't leave it in the open like that. Now I have to go through some more red tape to get another set of pads shipped to me.
    Damn that is horrible. Good luck getting that drum set. BTW, what's wrong with your old drum set?

8. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    Damn that is horrible. Good luck getting that drum set. BTW, what's wrong with your old drum set?
    The pedal snapped in two (though I was able to reinforce it with packing tape).

The pads just didn't register hits very accurately.

9. That sounds like you got stuck with a demo unit. Sucks.

In related news, I was finally given my free game option (which was awarded due to the replacement guitar shipping delays). Lots of sports games, a few others I don't care enough about to mention, Rock Band (software only), Skate and Command and Conquer 3. I should have the PC version of C&C3 sometime in January. THANX EA

10. While I'm no fan of game hardware that doesn't interoperate at some basic and reasonable level, I don't see Harmonix/MTV/EA as being the victims here. If they hadn't a) shipped the game with defective guitars and b) shipped before stand along guitars were available in stores, then they wouldn't have to rely on Guitar Hero hardware for people to play their game and this wouldn't be a problem.

This is what happens when you rely on a 3rd party competitor to ensure your game is a success or in the worst case, even playable.

This is Harmonix/MTV/EA's screw up, why should Activision/Red Octane be expected to help them fix it?