Page 16 of 390 FirstFirst ... 21214151617182030 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dyne View Post
    eh, sketchy. it would technically be unsigned code so you would more than likely need your system modded to read such a thing.
    You would think, but this is not the case. I've installed 2 PS3 firmware updates from a cd-r and a Back Compat update for 360 also.

2. But those updates are signed. They were released directly by Sony and Microsoft.

3. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    because im not the only person who feels this way.
    Yet the Guitar Hero 3 bundles are almost impossible to find on store shelves. Again, I'm no good at math but I'm pretty sure GH3 is doing just fine.

EA went on the record theyll gladly let stratocasters play on GH3s.
    Then why didn't they do that out of the box? The strat doesn't work with GH2/3 on the 360 even though it's obvious Harmonix *knows* how the 360 GH3 controller worked. If they were so excited about interoperability, they may want to start showing it by making *their* hardware work with already released guitar games. They didn't, yet no one is bitching at Harmonix for being hardware lock-in douchebags too. Ironic.

All in all these controllers are incredibly gimped just to GH3, which is turniing off a lot of people
    Again, the sales numbers and availability of GH3 dispute this claim.

No people are pissed that basically the same damn controllers can be so damn incompadable with everything, especially since the system is REALLY open in what itll accept.
    Then you are just as pissed that the RB guitar doesn't work for Guitar Hero 2 and 3 on the 360 yes? Why isn't that impacting your love and devotion for Harmonix and Rock Band the same way it's making you hate Activision?

4. I thought Rock Band guitars worked for GH 2? The only reason they don't work for GH 3 is because Activision coded the game to only accept Red Octane guitars.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic View Post
    Then why didn't they do that out of the box? The strat doesn't work with GH2/3 on the 360 even though it's obvious Harmonix *knows* how the 360 GH3 controller worked. If they were so excited about interoperability, they may want to start showing it by making *their* hardware work with already released guitar games. They didn't, yet no one is bitching at Harmonix for being hardware lock-in douchebags too. Ironic.
    Because it's not their fucking game. Sure, they developed it. But they have no interest in doing extra work to help out someone elses brand, who would?

If Activision released a patch that allowed the Strat to work with previous Guitar Hero games (which are Activision's intellectual property now that they acquired Red Octane, BY THE WAY)Harmonix would not block it. Are you saying they would?

6. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    I thought Rock Band guitars worked for GH 2? The only reason they don't work for GH 3 is because Activision coded the game to only accept Red Octane guitars.
    If this is true, lol @ Buzztronic

7. I don't know where Buzztronic is getting his info from, but wherever I go the only Guitar Hero 3 bundle I see is the PS3 version. No one is buying that shit.

8. Wii doesn't count because lol@Wii.

9. Quote Originally Posted by wEEman33 View Post
    I thought Rock Band guitars worked for GH 2? The only reason they don't work for GH 3 is because Activision coded the game to only accept Red Octane guitars.
    I heard you can navigate the menu in GH2, but you can't actually play GH2 with the Strat. What a diaster.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic View Post
    Yet the Guitar Hero 3 bundles are almost impossible to find on store shelves. Again, I'm no good at math but I'm pretty sure GH3 is doing just fine.
    beacause the majority they made were PS2 versions, which sold a bit below the 2 million point so far.

because first thing is first and they need to finish THEIR game, on top of the fact they already do work, neversoft and activision coded 3 differently to not accept anything but their guitars

Again, the sales numbers and availability of GH3 dispute this claim.
    the availibility of rock band disputes any claim. People are going to move over to RB, as soon as its split up and more word of mouth.

Then you are just as pissed that the RB guitar doesn't work for Guitar Hero 2 and 3 on the 360 yes? Why isn't that impacting your love and devotion for Harmonix and Rock Band the same way it's making you hate Activision?
    there is no love and devotion. Harmonix said they are all guitars, why the fuck shouldnt they all work, and made a patch, a FREE patch. Activision is blocking it. they cant code a patch for their guitars to work on other games, thats activisions job if they want stratocasters to work, and harmonix/mtv/ea has already gone on the record that they will gladly assist anyone who would like to use them in their games. Ive enjoyed the guitar hero, but there is little to no desire to get it when the controller is ONLY going work for GH3, and hearing how neversoft has pretty much fucked the game up pretty badly.

The only way anyone should be defending activision is if Blizzard is attached to their name when we speak of it.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),