Page 17 of 390 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Because it's not their fucking game. Sure, they developed it. But they have no interest in doing extra work to help out someone elses brand, who would?

If Activision released a patch that allowed the Strat to work with previous Guitar Hero games (which are Activision's intellectual property now that they acquired Red Octane, BY THE WAY)Harmonix would not block it. Are you saying they would?
    Holy contradiction Batman. First you say that Harmonix didn't test against guitar hero 2/3 because it's "not their fucking game and why would they do the extra work to help out someone elses brand" then in the same breath say that Harmonix would facilitate a patch to help out Activision's brand if the roles were reversed. You can't have it both ways.

The facts are:

- Harmonix guitars ONLY work with Rock Band regardless of platform
    - Activisions guitars work with both Rock Band and Guitar Hero in the 360
    - Activision guitars don't work with Rock Band on PS3.

This makes Activision's hardware more interoperable than Harmonix's by my count, yet Activision are being the cock blocking assholes and Harmonix are fucking blameless. Makes tons of sense.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic View Post
    Holy contradiction Batman. First you say that Harmonix didn't test against guitar hero 2/3 because it's "not their fucking game and why would they do the extra work to help out someone elses brand" then in the same breath say that Harmonix would facilitate a patch to help out Activision's brand if the roles were reversed. You can't have it both ways..
    Huh? I said that if Activision wanted to patch so that the X-plorer or SG worked, Harmonix has already stated that they're willing.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic View Post

The facts are:

- Harmonix guitars ONLY work with Rock Band regardless of platform
    - Activisions guitars work with both Rock Band and Guitar Hero in the 360
    - Activision guitars don't work with Rock Band on PS3.
    because HARMONIX and EA cannot patch NEVERSOFT and ACTIVISIONS GAME!!!!

Its a refusal of activision, and harmonix has already gone on the record they will fully assist if they would like stratos to work on GH.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    I heard you can navigate the menu in GH2, but you can't actually play GH2 with the Strat. What a diaster.
    Exactly what I read as well. http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/830/830759p1.html

"The Rock Band guitar is another story. This controller, which features a number of extra fret board buttons and an effects switch, does not work with Guitar Hero 2 or 3. Cycling through the menus works just fine, but as soon as the game begins it all breaks down. Buttons don't register at all and the game is impossible to play."

5. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Huh? I said that if Activision wanted to patch so that the X-plorer or SG worked, Harmonix has already stated that they're willing.
    Wow, Harmonix is "willing" to let Activision fix their problem for them. How sweet. I'm more than willing to let someone else do my job while I still collect the paycheck as well ... I assume that offer sounds as good to you as what Harmonix is "willing" to do?

6. Yep, that's what happened when I tried the Rock Band guitar with GH III. I guess both of them are coded to only accept Red Octane peripherals, then.

And Buzz, what is your damage? Harmonix ALREADY FIXED their problem with the GH3 controllers not working for Rock Band, it's just that Activision won't let them send that fix to the consumers unless Harmonix pays them monies.
    Last edited by jyoung; 19 Dec 2007 at 04:12 PM.

7. It's not their problem. They dont own the Guitar Hero name, logo, characters, or code..

Harmonix's handles the patching and DLC of Rock Band just as Activision handles the patching and DLC of Guitar Hero

8. Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't know where Buzztronic is getting his info from, but wherever I go the only Guitar Hero 3 bundle I see is the PS3 version. No one is buying that shit.
    No one is buying PS3's either if you track this sort of thing. PS3's are just around 20% of the entire "next gen" market right now, so the fact that the smallest marketshare console has games available may not be the best indicator of how well the game is actually doing across all 3 platforms. Ever tried to find one for the Wii or 360 which is what 80% of the "next gen" players actually have?

9. BWT? Band World Tour?

Eh, not really that much of a loss. I play the game to play the songs, not to play dressup with dolls, you sissies.

10. Is this fairly easy to find in most U.S. stores? I guess there's been another Canadian delay (either the 28th or sometime in February according to a couple of stores), so I'm considering just driving to Spokane or Seattle or something to get a couple of copies.