Page 19 of 390 FirstFirst ... 51517181920212333 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. They've got stock to watch out for.

2. PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 967K

WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 8 426K

360 GH3 didnt even hit top 10 last month, this also not including bundled sales of GH3 in november

add to that

360 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 2 383.2K

WII GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 3 286.3K

PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK W/ GUITACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 4 271.1K
    +
    PS2 GUITAR HERO III: LEGENDS OF ROCK ACTIVISION (CORP) OCT 2007 TEEN (T) 8 231.7K

PS2 is destroying them all

and i am absolutely done talking sales, i absolutely hate talking sales.

And don't give me this IP bullshit, because hell, then everyone owes Konami money.
    QFMFT
    Last edited by B-Ri; 19 Dec 2007 at 04:43 PM.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    (oh shit, it looks like the combined numbers PS2 version outsold the 360.)
    Yep, but the discussion is about guitars and people buying guitar hero bundles for the guitar since it works (or people think should work) with Rock Band.

4. Oh. Whogivesashit?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    Do you even understand how video games work? If Harmonix/EA could write and release a patch for GH2 and GH3 so that the RB guitars work, they would. The problem is, THEY CAN'T PATCH A GAME THAT ISN'T THEIRS.
    Please point me to your source that says the patch that is being "held up" is a patch for Guitar Hero written by Harmonix. As I understand it, it's a patch for Rock Band that's being held up but I could be mistaken.

Granted, Buzz is right about one thing. If EA had spare guitars ready along with the launch of Rock Band (not having them was a very stupid idea), this issue wouldn't be as big as it is now.
    Woot! I win! heh.

It doesn't change the fact that Activision is being the asshole here. And don't give me this IP bullshit, because hell, then everyone owes Konami money.
    Oh I never said Activision wasn't being assholes ... but if you look at how competition works in a free market, you'll find that being an asshole to your direct competition is most often the right business strategy.

6. Not when it comes to fickle gaming nerds, after you've just inherited an IP and released a subpar product compared to your competition

7. Nerds'll buy it anyway and bitch about the security tag on the inside of the packaging once they get it home.

I know I did!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic View Post
    Oh I never said Activision wasn't being assholes ... but if you look at how competition works in a free market, you'll find that being an asshole to your direct competition is most often the right business strategy.
    except activision being assholes will cost them money.

Follow me here

-Harmonix makes a patch so you can use GH3 controllers
    -people buy GH3 with guitar since its the only way to get it
    -activision makes money
    -since peoples already have that guitar, they dont REALLY need to get a strato when they finally come out
    -harmonix loses the potential sale

its nothing but win for activision, they dont have to patch GH3 for stratos, thus they can continue having their games only work with their controllers, and make more money allowing their controllers to work with others.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    As for Guitar Hero 3, Activision specifically coded the game so that only Red Octane stuff would work. It's not Harmonix's fault that their RB guitars don't work with GH 2 & 3.
    Wait, what other guitar controllers existed when Guitar Hero 3 was being developed? When GH3 was released, it was 100% compatable with every guitar controller in existance at the time. I assume Activision is expected to future proof their game (adding unknown cost and time to the very compressed dev schedule) so their competition can benefit from the interoperability at a later date?

10. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok View Post
    Not when it comes to fickle gaming nerds, after you've just inherited an IP and released a subpar product compared to your competition
    I see what you just did there.