Page 376 of 390 FirstFirst ... 362372374375376377378380 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 3895

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

Buy it, you sissy.

2. Yeah, because Pro Modes and a fucking Keytar aren't innovative.

3. Besides that, it's a shitload of good new songs at a much lower per-song price than DLC.

In other news, IT NEVER FELT SO GOOD, IT NEVER FELT SO RIGHT

Hopefully this means we can eventually expect Bat Out of Hell and I Would Do Anything For Love.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 11 Feb 2011 at 01:34 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by dog$ View Post
    There's no way that revenue music games make today or in the future will match the boom from a few years ago. People need to stop believing that there's any sort of way to change that. As long as Harmonix continues to regularly release new content as it has been doing for years now, they'll be fine.
    IGN is full of retards, but Harmonix really isn't doing well. RB3 bombed, MTV sold off their studio to a private equity firm, and they just laid off employees. I read at one point Activision had 1000 employees working on ___ Hero stuff, so obviously the elimination of the Hero unit would have a bigger effect.

The huge revenue numbers from a few years ago were always misleading anyway since people were buying $70/$200 fake instrument packs that they weren't going to buy again. Of course, Activision, EA/Harmonix/MTV, Michael Pachter, etc., were never going to point that out since they were building a good narrative about the future of music.

5. Dance Central is pretty much the Kinect killer-app, so Harmonix is probably doing sort of alright even if RB3 bombed.

6. I trust Harmonix to continue to innovate in the music gaming genre. They have a history of evolving their games and not just churn out sequels like Activision. From Frequency/Amplitude to Guitar Hero to Rock Band and now Dance Central, you can see how they move the genre forward. It is no surprise that Activision is pulling out when their annual updates are bleeding every one of the franchises to death (Tony Hawk, etc). I am sure Call of Duty will be the next franchise they fuck up (in terms of popularity, my opinion of CoD is that it has already peaked 2 games ago).
    Last edited by kingoffighters; 11 Feb 2011 at 12:55 PM.

7. Total Eclipse of the Heart and Paradise by the Dashboard Light in the same week? Not bad

8. The last Guitar Hero was late era Tony Hawk level of badness, so it's slightly unsurprising the brand went into the shitter, while Viacom basically didn't advertise RB3 at all, giving up on it before it hit the store shelves.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

9. Guitar Hero, like Tony Hawk, peaked at the second game.

Most bands are the same way: first album's good, second album's great, then things go downhill.
    Last edited by jyoung; 11 Feb 2011 at 02:21 PM.

10. I think this sums things up nicely:

Fuck you, Activision, I'll keep playing Rock Band. RB3 is amazing - interface improvements in all the right places over RB2 and the pro modes take it to the next level (TNL!). The big fuck up was relying on Mad Catz for the hardware.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	guitar hero chart.png 
Views:	350 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	60310  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!