Page 389 of 390 FirstFirst ... 375385387388389390 LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 3895

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. Rock Band VR is on the way. I'm not sold, but am paying attention.

2. Is this separate from RB4? Not sure what the appeal of this would be.

3. In theory you'd get more of a feeling of being on stage in VR than you would in the normal game. Looking up from the guitar and seeing the crowd going nuts and so on. Being able to focus on one girl in the audience losing her shit as you sing some romance song. That sort of thing. Sounds neat but I'm not sure how you do that and still allow the player to be a player piano.

4. Now that I'm at home and can look at things better, there's a Harmonix blog post explaining things in more detail that makes the game look much better. I'm hitting up a Gamestop tomorrow (ick) to see if they've got any of those $40 game/guitar bundles in stock. I'm way more interested in the drums, but that will have to wait for another day.

I think I kind of miss Rock Band.

Dude, I really miss rock band. I sold my fancy kit, and there's no going back to the plastic drums.

6. Problem with going VR is all my shit is on XBOX.

Womp womp.

7. Rock Band is just fun. I know it was a fad but unlike troll dolls it has some inherent quality to it.

8. Whining about being a responsible adult to follow-

Picked up the Rock Band Rivals set with guitar today for $40, but the full version with drums is $100 and I'm really tempted to exchange it. For as much as I'd play the game I can't really justify the extra $60. I'm fully aware I'd be spending money to fund nostalgia without actually spending the time to get any real value out of the purchase. So I'm leaving the cash unspent, seeing as it's the logical and correct thing to do.

Being a responsible adult sucks.

/whining

Drums are the only instrument worth playing in Rock Band. It translates 1:1 to playing actual drums. The plastic guitars are silly.

10. Know what you could do instead? Find or make a cardboard box about 3 1/2' wide, 1 1/2' deep, and 3 1/2' tall.
    Now throw it somewhere in your domicile. See how long it takes before you're annoyed at the space something you'll never use takes up.