Page 15 of 390 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. I FIXED IT BEFORE YOU POSTED THAT

2. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    I FIXED IT BEFORE YOU POSTED THAT
    LIES!
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Quote Originally Posted by B-Ri View Post
    you do realize that activision is fucking themselves up the ass right?

I probably would have bought GH3 just to have that second guitar on RB, and hell, to play GH3 while im at it. They dont work, i got II to finish and RB and its DLC will keep me more then busy.

Activision wants to play hardball, fine. They lost my sale and harmonix gets another stratocaster sale when they come out.
    I fail to see how losing one sale is fucking themselves in the ass, but math isn't my speciality. Ultimately people are pissed because they can't play an EA game with an Activision peripheral. I can't put an Audi nav system in my Nissan if my Nissan system turns out to be completely defective either. Life is tough and the right for infinitely interoperable game console hardware is not a constitutional right.

I'm pretty sure Guitar Hero 3 is selling just fine regardless of if it works with Rock Band.

4. Can't patches be distributed over the web and installed from a CD-R? I know firmware updates can.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

5. Quote Originally Posted by epmode View Post
    Which is why Harmonix fixed their mistake. Very quickly, even.
    They made two mistakes, first was shipping defective guitars which I agree, they've been very quick to address. The second mistake which could have gone a long way to help ease the pain of the first one was releasing the game when stand alone versions of their peripherals were not available to purchase.

Fuck Activision for bitching about the patch in the first place and fuck Sony for giving in.
    Why not "Fuck Harmonix for not agreeing with Activisions terms which would allow them to use Activisions hardware fix a problem they created by shipping shitty guitars"?

Harmonix is the one fucking up by shipping defective shit ... it's not Activision's job to fix it, especially for free.

Guitar Hero 2 was never released for PS3 and I can only imagine that Harmonix got their hands on a retail copy too late to include that guitar at launch.
    Even more reason to make sure their guitar (which would be the only possible way for PS3 players to actually play the game) didn't suck donkey dick.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic View Post
    I fail to see how losing one sale is fucking themselves in the ass, but math isn't my speciality.
    because im not the only person who feels this way. Not the only person who bought rock band. Activision A) cant get their controller working for fully playable PS2 GH games, and b) wont allow basically one of the same games to play the same thing? EA went on the record theyll gladly let stratocasters play on GH3s. All in all these controllers are incredibly gimped just to GH3, which is turniing off a lot of people

Ultimately people are pissed because they can't play an EA game with an Activision peripheral. I can't put an Audi nav system in my Nissan if my Nissan system turns out to be completely defective either. Life is tough and the right for infinitely interoperable game console hardware is not a constitutional right.

I'm pretty sure Guitar Hero 3 is selling just fine regardless of if it works with Rock Band.
    No people are pissed that basically the same damn controllers can be so damn incompadable with everything, especially since the system is REALLY open in what itll accept.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. I really can't believe people are defending Activision.

8. Seriously.

Hay, this sucks for every single PS3 owner but at least the hyper-millionaires are happy!

9. Is it really so surprising? We've been witnessing the same kind of behavior from B-Ri for months, albeit with a less asshole'ish tone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    Can't patches be distributed over the web and installed from a CD-R? I know firmware updates can.
    eh, sketchy. it would technically be unsigned code so you would more than likely need your system modded to read such a thing.