Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: "The Day After Tomorrow" come true

1. "The Day After Tomorrow" come true

This is why I haven't been seen on here since saturday night. Let me tell you, being stuck without electricity in freezing weather sucks ass. Fortunately, the motel on the edge of town has power and wifi, and a room opened up. They say power may not be back on in the residential areas for another week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

2. lol.

3. I was just watching this on TV, 1 1/2 inches of ice on most major roads, more on the side roads.

And of course, you have some token trailer park trash saying "I want my power now, fuck the danger, I need to be able to cook my spam while drinking my pabst"

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    I haven't been seen on here since saturday night.
    I hadn't even noticed.

I thought I noticed less AICN links.

6. This is supposed to be hitting me tomorrow, if it's bad i"m definitely calling off work (So I'm kinda hoping but if I lose power that'd certainly make it suck, time to make sure my DS is charged)

I WANT ICE STORMS IN BALTIMORE NOW

8. Quote Originally Posted by Thief Silver View Post
    This is supposed to be hitting me tomorrow, if it's bad i"m definitely calling off work (So I'm kinda hoping but if I lose power that'd certainly make it suck, time to make sure my DS is charged)
    Well, if it's hitting your area as intensely as it did here, I'd say you can count on power loss unless the majority of the lines in your area are below-ground. The posts (and trees near them) get so weighted-down with ice they break and fall. Something like half of Tulsa and 80% of this small town is still dark. Fortunately, there are crews working round-the-clock and they're in my place's vicinity right now, so there's a pretty good chance I'll have power back tomorrow (and let me tell you, it can't come soon enough... I'm up here taking care of my Grandma, and she's cantankerous enough when there isn't a catastrophe going on ).

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post

Could you post an AICN link about the ice storm please?

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post