Thread: Weird Direct3D question

1. Weird Direct3D question

My laptop's integrated video is a pile of shit, as expected. But it especially breaks down (like, way down, without fail) when games throw transparencies around.

Has anybody heard of a way to limit, say, the level of layered transparencies that can be drawn at once? I'm assuming something like that is driver-level stuff, so I'm guessing there's nothing I can do, but I figured there might be a .01% chance I was wrong.

2. As a side note, what card do you have and how recent are it's drivers?

I ask because there's some nice mods out there that let you install the new Catalyst drivers on ATI laptop cards that don't have support any longer.

.01% chance that will help, but worth asking.
    Last edited by Opaque; 13 Dec 2007 at 04:08 AM.

3. I'm using the latest Omega drivers (recently switched from the latest Catalyst, I think) on a Mobility Radeon Xpress 200. Laptop is a few years old now.

I think it's the absolute lowest end officially supported by the newest Catalyst, but I could be wrong.

The Omegas came with ATI Tray Tool, which has some additional tweaks that might have helped a tiny bit, but still not quite what I'm looking for. I think it's a safe bet that there's nothing I can do.