Thread: Agartha

Agartha

Was anyone looking forward to Agartha on the Dreamcast? it was schedhuled for a 2001 release. Toy Commander developers were behind it.

This is a little blurb from EGM 139 "You play the role of Kirk who encounters benevolent and malicious characters,including villagers,zombies,monks, priests,archangels and a character called the Sentinel"

The most interesting part was you make the choice wether you save the world or send it in to the burning pits of hell.

It looked to be a cross between Alone in The Dark and D2.

Sad it never saw the light of day, I don't know how close it was to being finished but I hope it resurfaces on a current Next-Gen console.

I was totally looking forward to Agartha. It looked really promising with its non-linear gameplay.

Why couldn't Sega just have switched it to PS2 or something?

Instead, they cancel the game completely and axe No Cliche.

I wonder where Frederic Raynal is now.

3. The early builds of the game looked pretty amazing for DC. No Cliche was no where near done with it, compared to AMUZE with Headhunter. So Sega of Europe cut them loose, they didn't have the capital to publish the game themselves and the DC market was slipping away, so Agartha and No Cliche died. *-neo

4. I never really cared about the game until one day I decided to read the feature on it in ODCM. It sounded great, I got my hopes up, and then *boom* cancelled.