Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: Vista SP1 RC is out.

1. That article is horrible.

I could do the same thing with my old Pentium 2 system that has 128mb RAM and try to prove that 98se is better than XP. On that shitty system XP would fail like fucking crazy, so does that mean 98se is the better OS? Of course fucking not.

Vista is awesome but you need the hardware to run it. It's not anyone's fault but your own if you put it on a weak machine.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    Vista isn't broken, it's faster than XP and it's compatible with pretty much fucking everything.
    Actually, it's much, much slower than XP on all configurations, and it has major compatibility issues.

Vista SP1 offers a 3% speed boost, but XP SP3 is coming out which offers a 10% speed boost over SP2.

3. You're right.

I load Photoshop CS3 in under 2 seconds because Vista is crazy slow. Fuck me, right?

4. My machine is about as new as you can get (overclocked q6600, GTX8800 supeclocked, 2 gigs ram, etc) and Vista definitely has its shortcomings. It has a lot going for it, but the sheer bugginess of it all, not to mention the ridiculous graphics driver issues (which should really, really not be a fucking problem this long after the OS is released) make it frustrating to get anything done.

Also, Vista hates being compatible with the Zune (both of which are made by the same goddamn company) and also running a windows update is usually followed by a prayer. In the end stability is just as important as performance, and Vista doesn't have it. Not yet anyway.

5. I don't get how you're having those problems, I have the same hardware as you (add on two gigs of RAM) and I've had no problems with stability. Like at all. Even when I do stupid shit like install demos for XP that have, without a doubt, no support for Vista, everything still runs perfect.

There is a chance it's my RAM that's causing that, though. I mean Vista makes complete and full use of all the RAM in your system and I have all the important OS files loaded on to my RAM permanently which made for a huge speed boost.

Like stupid question, but do you guys use defraggers and registry cleaners often? I have mine set to run every day at two in the morning and it cleans up all the little things left behind by Vista actively moving your files around based on use.
    Last edited by Opaque; 16 Dec 2007 at 05:48 PM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    You're right.

I load Photoshop CS3 in under 2 seconds because Vista is crazy slow. Fuck me, right?
    Yeah. It would load faster in XP.

I don't know if your installation XP was just clogged up or shitty or what, but XP performs circles around Vista. Especially for games and things that are really a test of performance.

7. Yeah, I mean Vista has basically everything I use loaded on to the RAM for incredibly quick access, but if I started using XP again, where it doesn't do that, I'm sure loading Photoshop off the HDD would be just as fast.

I mean, what's the fucking point of RAM anyway? HDD loading is just as fast!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Opaque View Post
    You're right.

Fraps or GTFO.

Tommy Tallarico

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

9. Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Tallarico View Post
    Fraps or GTFO.

Tommy Tallarico
    you such a deuche, but that was actually funny.

10. I would totally do a Fraps video if it wasn't obvious that I'm telling the truth.

I can't finish counting to 2 in the "one one thousand, two one thousand" manner while loading Photoshop CS3. I gat to about the second "one" and it's ready to go.