Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Help: BSOD

1. I got the new ram last week, no change. Memtest also shows the same errors on it. Is there anything else I should try before sending the mobo back?

JMET, can I do a bios update if I can't even get into windows? I guess I should try the tech support and see if they can give me a boot cd.

2. You can but I normally do not recommend it with the newer Asus boards, check the site and see what they offer. Also check the Newegg reviews for the board, if it is a common issue to reset ram timings I am sure people will be talking about it.
    Last edited by JMET; 31 Dec 2007 at 06:27 PM.

3. OK, I just glanced over the motherboard and ram. Try the bios update and if that doesnt work I have never seen Crucial ram not work in a motherboard with the proper specs.

4. Super late, but the problem turned out to be the XP burn I was trying to install. A legit OEM XP installed just fine.

A tech that came over said that often times when they slipstream the service packs into XP it gets screwed up and affects the install. Annoying that that was the answer, but at least I'd hooked everything up correctly.

Anyway thanks a ton for all the help, Dyne especially.

5. i chatted with you endlessly and you never mentioned the disc being a burn. if i was there i'd smack you

glad you got it working.

6. That doesn't explain the errors in the memory test.