Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aliens

zidane747 Guest

Aliens

This is by far my favorite movie of all time. The movie just flat out kicks ass. It stands the test of time(17 years and still going bitch!!), beating so many movies that have advanced technology/bigger budgets. Written and Directed by James Cameron(unappreciated genius), this movie....well....is just flat out great. Anyone else like it as much as I do?

2. Well, Nice to see you in Cinema board Zidane I wish more people would stop by and post here. Its pretty much up to Korian and me, with few other guys to carry this board.

Aliens is an AWESOME film. Everything is great, story, action, awesome SFX, even today look amazing, just look at the whole Queen sequence. My 2 favorite actors playing a major parts in it, Michael Beihn and Lance Henriksen(both worked with Cameron on his previous film The Terminator ). Corporal Hicks and Bishop both are memorable characters, especially Bishop, with being ripped in 2 later in the movie.

Great direction and temp, and once again Stan Winston fx team did awesome job.

Much, much better than original Alien.

3. Alien is my favorite, but I still like this one. I used to have some Aliens action figures, the power loader toy was awesome. In 5th grade, we had to take an egg home and decorate it and take care of it. I stuck mine in the power loader toy, I had the most badass egg in school.
    pwned by Ivan

4. the first one was pretty damn good
    the sequels were horrible though and they jsut kept getting worse

5. Originally posted by Green
    I used to have some Aliens action figures, the power loader toy was awesome.
    I still have those toys. The Queen Alien rocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex Ranza View Post
    Halverson had me totally convinced of Cybermorph's greatness, I'll tell you that much.

Then I got a Jag, took it home, and something seemed... not right.

6. Yeah but her little second mouth broke off to easily I think....by far the best alien was the Gorilla one that could squirt water out of its mouth.

Alien was cool, but I actually liked Aliens better. How about that.

7. Well, I personally think that original Alien is my least favorite in the series. Even though it has some nice set, and cool fx fo 1979 movie, majority of the film is boring, and I prefer to see more of the monster in my monster movies. Sure its a classic, I just dont like to watch it as often, as later parts.

Many people hate Alien 3, but I liked it alot. It had its own style, different from the previous 2 films, drab, dirty, dark, and David Fincher did a cool job on it, before moving on Seven and Fight Club
    Just like original, it only had 1 creature to deal with, but was more intense, gory and fun then part 1. New version of the alien(dog mix), was cool too.

I also liked Alien Ressurection. It was closer to the style of the Aliens, with more of space action, and creature blasting, it had cool visual style, great fx.

8. Originally posted by Despair
    I also liked Alien Ressurection. It was closer to the style of the Aliens, with more of space action, and creature blasting, it had cool visual style, great fx.
    Glad to find someone else who liked Alien: Resurrection. I thought it was a perfect mix of Aliens and City of Lost Children, two of my favorite movies ever.

And how about that underwater sequence?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

9. Well, being the total Fincher whore that I am, I dug Alien 3 the most. I loved the whole symbolism of Ripley & the prisoners being stripped down to the bare essentials, improvising against the creature. The Newt/Hicks funeral fused with the dog alien's birth is one of the best cases of cinematic paradox I've ever seen. Apparently the studio butchered Fincher's original ideas....and THANK GOD Clive Barker was turned down to be the director. *shudder*

Alien is one of the best horror films ever made. The atmosphere in that film is unbelievably done. Ridley Scott, I bow at your altar. It spawned (no pun intended, I swear) far too many imitators. Way way ahead of its time.

Aliens was not a horror film - it was an action film. I don't think James Cameron is that great a director, and while Aliens was superb on a technical level, the mood seemed rather flat, without any of the atmosphere of the other in the series. Luckily Sigourney saved Cameron's bacon with an Oscar-nominated performance. Very well done, but in the end, my least favorite. Too many aliens = not enough tension IMO. However, the queen/powerloader battle was really cool.

Alien Resurrection was, IMO, a far superior action film. It melded the atmosphere (all praise Jeunet) and the action to make a dark, gritty, yet light-hearted film. Freakin Johner stole the show. And the underwater sequence? Priceless. But the Offspring just looked silly....did Giger do the design? I don't think so...

To Fox: Please, don't make any more Alien films...and DON'T DO THAT STUPID RUMORED ALIENS VS PREDATOR FILM, I BEG YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

Alien 3 was by far my favorite. Charles Dutton is one of the most underrated actors in the entire world. (Along with the guy who played Skelator in Masters of the Universe... but I digress.)

I recently retired my favorite shirt of all time, my Alien 3 shirt, which I bought the day it came out in the theatre. So sad...