Thread: Gundam: Renpou vs. Zeon DX - DC or PS2?

1. Gundam: Renpou vs. Zeon DX - DC or PS2?

Which is the version to go for? I hear the DC version doesn't have multiplayer...

2. Here's what I know:

DC version is a bare-bones perfect port of the arcade version. No multiplayer, no link cable play, and Japan-only online play.

PS2 version has a campaign mode, multiplayer (with slowdown), and lesser visuals. I have never played the PS2 version, so I can't be sure about the "lesser visuals" part.

The game, on a whole, is only okay. But I warn this: If anyone else says that this, Heavy Metal, or Spawn: In The Demon's Hand plays like Virtual On, expect some anger from me.

3. I believe the PS2 modes are on one disk with the arcade bare bones bit on the other disk. If the PS2 version has slowdown and 'lesser visuals' I think I will go for the DC version then cheers.

Frame Gride, Geomatrix, J-Phoenix, Spawn, Armoured Core and Gundam all play like Virtual On.

4. Tain, what else is there to compare it too? And it is using a version of the Spawn/Heavy Metal Engine. I have the DC version and love it (have a review of it around here), no two player (lazy bastards) but then I have about 5 great arena fighters on DC already. The US PS2 version of Gundam will be out in September, I would recommend the PS2 version out of hand just for the modes but I have no clue how two-player mode would work in this game. *-neo