Page 1151 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 113711471149115011511152115311551165 ... LastLast
Results 11,501 to 11,510 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

I don't know if banning or regulating anything would have prevented this.

If he had an illegal automatic what do you do? It's already illegal. If he illegally modified a gun, again, it is already illegal.

If you make large clips illegal, so what? The dude had at least 10 guns up there. And 3 days of prep. What would have stopped him from just picking up another? Reports are saying he had like 23 guns up there and 19 at home.

And if we ban all guns, give the death penalty for owning them or some other extreme shit? So what. CNN just reported he had pounds of bomb making material in his car. He already had a plan b.

2. Like I said, you can't prevent it from happening. But you can do things that make it happening on a mass scale more difficult. If getting an illegal weapon is cost prohibitive, that eliminates it from more people's grasp than not. If illegally modding a weapon is an extremely difficult thing to do, that eliminates it from more people's grasp than not. The fact that we'll never reach zero doesn't exempt us from trying to get as close to it as reasonably possible.
    Does this sound like the makings of a mass murderer?
    "[He] was intelligent; at the age of six, he scored 139 on an IQ test. At twelve years old he became the youngest person to become an Eagle Scout. He joined the Marines after high school, and earned a Sharpshooter’s Badge, Good Conduct medal, and Marine Corps Expedition medal."

All forms of automatics are cost prohibited, illegal or legal.

A question for the otherside. How will you feel if you make the us less free while not lowering the number of events like this?

That you've fought to change the lives of 15 million or more gun owners while not saving any lives from mass death events like this one?

5. how much does an ar 15 and hand crank cost?

I think "changing the lives of 15 million gun owners" by saying sorry, you can only have these specific types of guns is something they can recover from. Unlike a bullet or 20 to the head.

6. I'm not anti gun, as I'm from a place where they were regularly useful (swamp full of alligators). The US does not have a practical way to reconcile urban vs. rural, as the genie is out of the bottle on that one. Everything this guy did was illegal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

SsJN, if it pans out it was a hand crank, those will probably be banned. Or at least receive more regulation like silencers. I won't lose a lot of sleep over them becoming more regulated. I don't see any good reason for owners to be able to go around the laws other automatic owners have to meet.

Your last sentence is shit though. We've both admitted that not much will stop the mass killings. So no, it isn't between getting over changes and 20 bullets to the head. The bullets or bombs or airplanes will come, if they come, regardless.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Does this sound like the makings of a mass murderer?
    "[He] was intelligent; at the age of six, he scored 139 on an IQ test. At twelve years old he became the youngest person to become an Eagle Scout. He joined the Marines after high school, and earned a Sharpshooter’s Badge, Good Conduct medal, and Marine Corps Expedition medal."
    Yes.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    He's an indoctrinated Canadian. It's extremely common for Canadian men and women to completely misunderstand or outright reject the concept of personal freedom.
    This is bullshit unless you're saying it's common to find these people in every country. The US isn't any exception as it's full of people against legalized drug use, prostitution, religious freedom when it's a non-Christian, etc.. There's rarely any public push to outlaw guns in Canada. The average Canadian seems fine with our current laws because mass shootings aren't common here.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca
    Literally no one said we need to have a talk about responsible car ownership when it was trucks and cars plowing people over (That killed 84 btw).
    Vehicles serve a much more valuable purpose in modern society than guns. They're needed to transport people and things people need. Guns aren't needed in the same way or quantity. Also, vehicle use is already full of safety regulations and restrictions that have developed over time. I don't know how much more you can restrict them without negating their purpose.
    Last edited by NeoZeedeater; 03 Oct 2017 at 11:04 AM.

10. No, I've stated we won't stop losers from going out and harming people. I've been arguing that what we can do is limit the potential number of victims. I'm arguing the impact the difference between a bolt action rifle with a 7 shot magazine would make vs. a gatling gun.