Page 1172 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 115811681170117111721173117411761186 ... LastLast
Results 11,711 to 11,720 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Today's Random News

It’s amazing to me how quickly both teams move to politicize these things.

Muslim guy with a truck of peace - stop immigration vs muh diversity

White guy with a gun - gun control now vs SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

This is after like 10 minutes. Then “nothing gets done” but then I don’t want commie DeBlasio doing anything but taking naps at the Park Slope YMCA. Our government can no longer solve problems but merely take money from one group and give it to another. This is Rome circa 200 AD I reckon
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 06 Nov 2017 at 01:32 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Our government can no longer solve problems but merely take money from one group and give it to another. This is Rome circa 200 AD I reckon
    YUP

3. It’s a social trust issue. Maybe we could start empathizing with strangers and help them before they go Paddock?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    FEMA's truckloads of thoughts and prayers fed my family and kept us dry!

Seriously, I'd think the American public would be really tired of monthly shootings by now and demand some concrete action. This is insane.
    Eh, the number has actually never been lower if you adjust for population. Americans have never been as nice as they are now.

5. Are we excluding Chicago? *dab*
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

No, including Chicago, murder of all types is down. And if you specifically look at gun related murders it is still down.

About the only thing going up is death by cop.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 06 Nov 2017 at 02:44 PM.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic but I have to remind people on both extremes of the data all the time. I know more than a few racist grandpas yammering on about the killer brown people in Memphis and Columbus ms. "Oh lord, they report a murder by a n=$#÷# every week" and even more bleeding heart liberals "ban everything" and every fucking time I have to circle back to "you have never been less likely to be shot than this very second...unless you're around cops"

Like no shit, you were 8 times more likely to be shot in the 90s.

9. Prof is right but whatever. *dab* #jakepaulnation

10. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Eh, the number has actually never been lower if you adjust for population. Americans have never been as nice as they are now.
    .... The number was lower last year.