Page 1328 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 131413241326132713281329133013321342 ... LastLast
Results 13,271 to 13,280 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I don't get the toilet paper thing. I can understand wanting to stock up on food, or even antiseptic cleaner, but how much shitting are these people doing?
    Yeah, I don't get it either. I do most of my anal upkeep with wipes. Toilet paper is just for a final pass.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. If the poor can’t get toilet paper, let them use wipes.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

3. Toilet paper is also not experiencing or expected to experience any sort of supply chain issues. I blame a combination of greed and stupidity. All it takes is some lazy news article about crazy prices in classified ads to get assholes to buy something, especially if they think they can flip it.

4. I have first hand information on this.

So February 29th after the reports of the first US death and also information appearing online about empty shipping containers in China, Costco's across the country sell out of toilet paper, paper towels, rice, sanitizers, bleach. Everything.

So how did this happen? Well a lot of factors are at play here. The first is panic buying, which is obvious. The second is copy cat buying, everyone inside the stores that are watching this freak out purchasing of rice and toilet paper are left thinking "holy shit, I might not need toilet paper right now, but I need to get a pack if this is what's happening". The third, is Costco's inventory simply not being built to handle that kind of volume. Lets say a Costco pallet of toilet paper holds 30 packs, lets also say that the door counts in most SD Region Costcos that weekend were in the 6,000s. Costco would need 400 pallets of toilet paper for everyone that came in that day to buy two sales units. They have nowhere near that much on hand. That's 9 full semi trucks worth. They have a single truck worth of paper delivered 5 days a week for the last 6 or so years since they shrank their dock size and that's never been a problem before.

So now you have people coming in, and they're just out of toilet paper at home, but there's none to buy. So they have to a grocery stores, target, Walmart get some there. Those stores aren't ready for such a huge increase in purchases so they run out.

Now everyone is out.

Everyone with facebook is aware everyone is out.

People show up at Costco when they open to get toilet paper and this gets filmed and put online.

More people panic after seeing this.

Rinse and repeat.

There is no shortage of production. There is no hint that there will be a shortage of production. This is just a spiraling event caused by early people panic buying and storing things for, honestly, no good reason.

People are still buying the stores around here out of beans and water almost daily.

Lol.

I guess to be more serious, what would a person really need and what could you substitute?

I would think over the counter pain meds like tylenol and ibuprofen that also help with inflammation. Vitamin C. A pot to boil water. Maybe those camp straws that filter water. Lysol for beds and furniture. Bleach for hard surfaces. You can make a water bleach mix if you can get any alcohol or quality soap for your hands though you will need to do a second water rinse.

Food, uh, large containers of oatmill and noodles if you want bulk shit and the rice and beans are gone. Also canned meats and veggies. Frozen stuff works too since this is a virus and not a tornado or earthquake that knocks out power.

As for wiping your ass. You could sub in cheap paper towels that can be pulled apart. Or Kleenex. Or shit even news print if you really have too. Maybe just get in the damn shower if you're already sick and dont have to go to work. Wipes, glasses and lense wipes, coffee filters, there are a lot of soft papers you can wipe your ass with.

Napkins. You can wipe your ass with napkins too.

9. you can use your hand.... you supposed to wash your hand more frequently anyway, might as well dual purpose.

10. If you're stuck at home, you can shower every time you take a dump.