Page 27 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 132325262728293141 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Random News

1. LaBruzzo considering plan to pay poor women $1,000 to have tubes tied

Wow. Just, wow. You have to read this to believe it. And there's video of it on CNN, too.

"We're on a train headed to the future and there's a bridge out, " LaBruzzo said of what he suspects are dangerous demographic trends. "And nobody wants to talk about it."

LaBruzzo said he worries that people receiving government aid such as food stamps and publicly subsidized housing are reproducing at a faster rate than more affluent, better-educated people who presumably pay more tax revenue to the government. He said he is gathering statistics now.

"What I'm really studying is any and all possibilities that we can reduce the number of people that are going from generational welfare to generational welfare, " he said.

He said his program would be voluntary. It could involve tubal ligation, encouraging other forms of birth control or, to avoid charges of gender discrimination, vasectomies for men.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

2. http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe....ap/index.html

Somali pirates just got themselves some teeth by hijacking a Ukrainian ship loaded with 30 T-72 main battle tanks.

What a Ukrainian ship loaded with 30 T-72 MBTs was doing out there I don't know, but that's no longer an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Wow. Just, wow. You have to read this to believe it. And there's video of it on CNN, too.
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to just kill the poor?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Not so long as we've got wrongful death statutes and contingency payment for lawyers.

Those just sound like fancy words for "don't get caught"

6. I thought we were talking government policy. Otherwise yeah, don't get caught.

You have to pay the hitman, too. $1k is what, two months of food stamps for a family?

8. somebody rally up the SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    That isn't a robot. That's the world's largest 8 year old.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Perhaps, but I wouldn't know the exact cost involved with killing them or disposing of their bodies, so maybe it would be cheaper to just have their tubes tied.

Or, we can just do what the Chinese do and require a license before breeding can take place.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

10. Pirates steal ship full of weapons

Somali Pirates ain't no joke

a Ukrainian state arms exporter shipped 33 tanks, a significant amount of ammunition and grenade launchers to Kenya, all in line with Ukrainian law.

More worrisome, he said, was the prospect that the ship was carrying smaller armaments, machine guns, mortars or light artillery, which could be easily funneled to insurgents battling the government.
    really ain't funny, but I anyway.
    Imagine those dudes after they realized what they had just hijacked.
    Fuckin'-a, a boat full of tanks and heavy arms.