Page 773 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 759769771772773774775777787 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,730 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I just voted that I'm my own country now, does that mean I'm no longer part of the US?
    I remember that episode of the family guy

2. Goddammit buttcheeks. You know goddamn good & well the CSA was disorganized as shit, built on greed & fear, suffered economic collapse during the war, and had they won the war, would have had 10x the challenge of reconstruction without the U.S.' help. All that aside, less than a hundred years down the road two major world wars, one involving like minded isolationist bigots which would have again divided the USA & CSA. Had Lincoln not kept the union together, the former United States would have engaged in further independence wars, fought each other in at least one World War, and ultimately unraveled into a collection of third world states as Spanish America had.

Basically, we'd never gone to the moon.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

the ends do not justify the means.

We're adults. We do not have to tie history up in a nice linear bow. It is possible, if not our duty to reflect upon each event separately.

4. How are you an engineer and fail to understand cause & effect? No event is in a vacuum. And the South knew seceding would cause war. It's not some enigma. Sam Houston knew that shit was stupid. The poor bastard died watching the South go to Hell and Texas ignorantly joining it.

Anyway back to Xiuhtezcatl. This is kid is great.

"Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

5. Man, I unserstand buttcheeks making his arguments as he just likes to argue antidotal evidence. But Yoshi?? Yoshi, I thought you were more logical than this.

Anyway can we end this argument before IronPlant proclaims, "blicks in The South hange out on stoops begauze they miss being salves?"

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    How are you an engineer and fail to understand cause & effect? No event is in a vacuum. And the South knew seceding would cause war. It's not some enigma. Sam Houston knew that shit was stupid. The poor bastard died watching the South go to Hell and Texas ignorantly joining it.
    cause and effect does not imply purpose, intent, reason, sorrow, anger or love.

Nor is a man smart enough or aware enough to truly grasp all the causes or effects. Most men view life like a man peaking through a keyhole with a candle to light his way.

7. I suppose if the south had won it would have been legitimate by the nature of victory. But they lost so what is this argument even about?

And the ends sometimes do justify the means. It's entirely relative to belief or desire of the person undertaking the means.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 06 Jul 2015 at 10:47 PM.

8. Pretty sure buttcheeks is high right now.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    I just voted that I'm my own country now, does that mean I'm no longer part of the US?
    Cascadia now!

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Pretty sure buttcheeks is high right now.
    It probably seems that way to someone in the middle of his life that has never questioned anything about the things he's learned in the 6th grade.