Page 778 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 764774776777778779780782792 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,780 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. The civil war was about slavery.

And world war 2 is actually fairly easy to simplify, it was about German backlash from the crippling terms they had forced on them following WWI.

Now WWI... that shit is a mess and can't be explained easily.

In general human wars are pretty simple to explain, in fact most of them boil down to land disputes/attempted expansion of a country. It really is that simple.

And no to reduce it to its base causes does not diminish the lives of those destroyed or broken in any way.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Money talks. Sweet, sweet, dirty nigger picked cotton money.
    This isn't appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The civil war was about slavery.

And world war 2 is actually fairly easy to simplify, it was about German backlash from the crippling terms they had forced on them following WWI.

Now WWI... that shit is a mess and can't be explained easily.

In general human wars are pretty simple to explain, in fact most of them boil down to land disputes/attempted expansion of a country. It really is that simple.

And no to reduce it to its base causes does not diminish the lives of those destroyed or broken in any way.
    You are shameful and I don't wish to discuss this with you further.

4. No, I'm right. As previously mentioned you're an engineer trying to argue history with a history major, and on top of that your entire beliefs are based on a documentary you watched that is well known to be historically inaccurate.

You're the one who's shameful.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

I don't really care what you went to school for, bbobb.

Saying I base my beliefs on a documentary I suggested is a stretch.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    AND ANOTHER ONE! Winning the Darwin Awards will be tough this year.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

7. P.S. If ya'll want to keep talking about the Civil War, might I suggest starting a separate thread for that.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

If yall want to keep comparing stupid deaths, maybe you should start your own theead?

9. I think that was very much the intended spirit of this one.

no, I'm afraid that dumb people dying isn't news. Thats been happening longer than there were primates.