Page 9 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Holy shit. This is one big fucking burger.

After 12 hours of preparation and baking, the 134-pound burger emerged Saturday at Mallie's Sports Bar and Grill.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

2. Why? It wouldn't even work for party food (like, say, those crazy-long subs) because it's so absurdly thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

3. They needed to figure out a way of getting rid of all that re-called beef
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

4. Quote Originally Posted by The Gas View Post
    it's so absurdly thick.
    That's what she said.

5. Got one for Opaque and Nick here.
    Newborn survives fall through moving train's toilet

AHMADABAD, India — A newborn baby girl fell through the toilet in a moving train and onto the tracks moments after her mother prematurely gave birth, surviving nearly two hours before being found, relatives said Thursday.

The child's mother, who uses the single name Bhuri, was traveling with relatives on an overnight train when she went to the bathroom shortly before midnight Tuesday and unexpectedly gave birth to a baby girl, said Arjun Kumar, her brother-in-law.

"Later, she fell unconscious and the baby fell through the toilet," he continued. "Two stations later, we knocked at the door."

Bhuri opened the door, soaked in blood

"When we asked her about what happened, she said the baby had fallen through onto the tracks," Kumar said.

Toilets on Indian trains usually have holes that open directly onto the tracks, and there were no indications Thursday that authorities doubted Bhuri's story or planned to investigate the incident.

Kumar said that after finding Bhuri, relatives pulled the train's emergency brake and told railway officials what had happened. A search was quickly organized, and guards at one of the stations the train had passed soon found the baby.

She was on the rail track for almost 1½ to two hours," said Dr. Gautam Jain, a pediatrician at Rajasthan Hospital in Ahmadabad, in the western state of Gujarat, where the baby and mother were taken.

The child, who has not yet been named, was eight to 10 weeks premature and weighed only 3.22 pounds, Jain said. She had a low heart rate and body temperature.

"We do not expect such children to survive," Jain said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

6. Toilets on Indian trains usually have holes that open directly onto the tracks, and there were no indications Thursday that authorities doubted Bhuri's story or planned to investigate the incident.
    That's pretty disgusting. I'd hate to be under the tracks and accidentally get sprayed with placenta.

7. Guy who came up with those catchy slogans as "Dude, you're getting a dell" and "I'm lovin it" for mcdonald has apparently committed suicide.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,2832015.story

8. I guess he wasn't lovin' it...

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    I guess he wasn't lovin' it...
    I concur, he really wasn't lovin it. Since he jumped to his death.

I think the rest of his band Scuttlebutt needs to reunite and play at his funeral. It's just the right thing to do.