Page 545 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 531541543544545546547549559 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    Was the EVER a time in the past 50 years where Russia would have been unable to give a country bordering it filled with russian speaking people the ability to shoot down a passenger jet? It's not like they took out a stealth fighter or something.
    It wasn't the country bordering it that shot down the jet. That's the only thing confirmed thus far. It was either the Russian-backed separatists or the Russians themselves, and neither would have happened if the western world and its candy ass "leader" would have stood up to Putin sooner and more severely. The threat long before now should have been to get the fuck out of the Ukraine and stop funding the separatists or face complete economic decimation at the least. Instead, we slapped his wrist and let him broker a chemical weapons deal that predictably did nothing.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Of course Putin didn't order it. He's just the reason they have the ability in the first place.
    I would wager, they have pretty much always had the ability as long as it has mattered.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

Which they wouldn't have with the appropriate foreign policy...

Apparently our intelligence believes they pretty recently acquired the missiles, at least in a functional state.

edit: They being the separatists. God forbid the Russians fired it.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 17 Jul 2014 at 07:05 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It wasn't the country bordering it that shot down the jet. That's the only thing confirmed thus far. It was either the Russian-backed separatists or the Russians themselves, and neither would have happened if the western world and its candy ass "leader" would have stood up to Putin sooner and more severely. The threat long before now should have been to get the fuck out of the Ukraine and stop funding the separatists or face complete economic decimation at the least. Instead, we slapped his wrist and let him broker a chemical weapons deal that predictably did nothing.
    Putin's a good guy, one of our most recent Presidents looked into his soul and everything.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    that's where they launched the missile from

7. Howard Stern is still out there? Nice!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    23 Americans on board
    Wait. I heard this morning that there were zero US passengers on that flight, mainly Dutch and AIDS researchers.

Anyway, this incident makes me think of when the US shot down that Iranian airliner in the 80's.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

9. It was '100' aids researchers yesterday, today it's 10. Nobody knows anything yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Wait. I heard this morning that there were zero US passengers on that flight, mainly Dutch and AIDS researchers.

Anyway, this incident makes me think of when the US shot down that Iranian airliner in the 80's.
    What, I thought only the bad guys do stuff like this, and we're not bad guys. *head explodes*