Page 1073 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 105910691071107210731074107510771087 ... LastLast
Results 10,721 to 10,730 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Holy shit. What was that fucker's IQ?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Or they booked a trip to DC six months ago for the Hillary inauguration and can't get a refund.
    ha i wonder how many that's actually true for? I'd love to see the numbers.

Anyway, I don't mind people rallying to protest, but I do find it interesting that a lot of people who are protesting today have been posting the Bush 2 rain poncho memes. A mere decade ago, Bush was this evil Hitler that we were protesting with fervor, now he'd the goofy old dude fiddling with his plastic sheet. History certainly makes fun of us all.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. It's fun to see the formerly scary lion without any teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. I wonder what they're protesting. Women can already vote, drive cars, wear pants, run for office, procure birth control and abortions, etc. Salary is a personally negotiated thing, so that's on the individual.

Are they arguing for the right to be compelled to register for the draft? Are they protesting an end to lopsided divorce/custody rulings? If so, I'll buy in that this a march for "equality." Otherwise, it's just an emotional outburst with no rational endgame.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

5. Have you ever known a woman? You just got to let them vent, man.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. It may have something to do with retaining all of those rights.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    I wonder what they're protesting. Women can already vote, drive cars, wear pants, run for office, procure birth control and abortions, etc. Salary is a personally negotiated thing, so that's on the individual.

Are they arguing for the right to be compelled to register for the draft? Are they protesting an end to lopsided divorce/custody rulings? If so, I'll buy in that this a march for "equality." Otherwise, it's just an emotional outburst with no rational endgame.
    Yeah, see, no.
    I mean, you can say the same thing for any subset of people, including rural whites who have been whining for the past 50 years that their precious outdated jobs have been taken away from them. They can vote, drive cars, run for office, go to school, make a living wage, wah wah. However, they still rally and demand more of our politicians. But why do people do anything? Why do 2nd amendment champions protest gun control at every turn? It's with the knowledge that without a fights, rights get infringed upon. Women may have access to all these things currently, but there's always the possibility with a regime change that these accessibilities get taken away. It's a reminder that this subset exists, we're watching, etc. It doesn't need to accomplish anything but visibility.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Yeah, see, no.
    I mean, you can say the same thing for any subset of people, including rural whites who have been whining for the past 50 years that their precious outdated jobs have been taken away from them. They can vote, drive cars, run for office, go to school, make a living wage, wah wah. However, they still rally and demand more of our politicians. But why do people do anything? Why do 2nd amendment champions protest gun control at every turn? It's with the knowledge that without a fights, rights get infringed upon. Women may have access to all these things currently, but there's always the possibility with a regime change that these accessibilities get taken away. It's a reminder that this subset exists, we're watching, etc. It doesn't need to accomplish anything but visibility.
    The gains women made in the past century aren't going anywhere, though. Hell, if the Dems had chosen literally any other woman in their party (*ahem* Tammy Duckworth), we'd have one in the Oval Office right now.

Agree to disagree, I guess. If they think it helps, good on them. As long as they get their message out without burning garbage and vandalizing a Starbucks, it'll be a step up.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. i guarantee if there's any wanton violence/destruction, it will 99% be perpetuated by a man. It's just not in the makeup of a woman's psychology to hurdle a trashcan at a starbucks. I'm not saying women can't be violent - they obviously are in cases - but in the group dynamic it's something like 10 to 1. I'm going to be very surprised if this particular rally ends the same as yesterday's, but even if a fraction of Antifa chooses to break stuff (which they always do,) it will undoubtedly be blamed on the women. Which is dumb, obviously, because that's like blaming the actions of Dylan Roof on all NRA supporters. It's separate organizations with separate demands/expectations.
    One thing that the left AND right media completely miss is that when there is a rally or protest, you're seeing the culminated efforts of 10+ organizations coming together. This was, and is, the issue with many protests, such as Occupy. You have the range of moderate-left-far left for example. You're going to have a group of people who want violent protest. You'll have the group that wants visibility. You'll have the subset of people who are in solidarity with congressional reform, whatever. And unfortunately, the actions of a handful of people get blamed on the entire rally. This is dumb and does a disservice to the credibility of both the movement and media reporting - which is crap anyway. It's like if ISIS attacks a village, and the news reports that all of the Middle East had to do with the attack, you'd laugh and turn it off because it was so baseless. But, that's how we treat domestic rallying.

10. I was looking at the aerial shots of the protest on ABC and thinking that's a lot of pussy to grab.