Page 1230 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 121612261228122912301231123212341244 ... LastLast
Results 12,291 to 12,300 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Slower internet, the worst punishment.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

3. Real hot-button issue for ya, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. he must have skipped this part:
    “The studies are, of course, mixed, and they suggest correlations, not causations. We might expect, for instance, that a child with other learning issues may also have more behavioral issues, and so connecting the two doesn’t necessarily point to spanking as a culprit as much as some underlying issue with a particular child or a community. ”

5. Just posting news in the news thread, bub.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 20 Mar 2018 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Oh ok.

7. Quote Originally Posted by gameoverDude View Post
    Chinese govt. Social Credit Score (Wired UK)
    China is working on being even more of an Orwellian Big Brother state with their Social Credit System. It's currently opt-in but will be mandatory in 2020. What SCS does is track citizens on 5 key factors- credit history, fulfillment of contract obligations, personal info like mobile phone number & address, behavior & preference, & interpersonal relationships.

"Behavior & preference" includes even minor things like someone's shopping habits. "Interpersonal relationships" entails one's choice of online friends, sharing "positive energy" online, or what one says about China's government. One's score could be affected by their friends online. If someone a person is connected to puts up a "negative" comment, both persons take a hit.

Once it's mandatory in 2020, the SCS will punish those with low scores. Then, low social scores put one on a blacklist- meaning they face slower internet, restricted access to entertainment or dining, not being able to rent cars, being unable to get loans, not finding a job, & loss of travel rights.

That's some truly evil shit.
    So the Chinese government will punish those who don't buy LV bags and BMWs instead of your peers just shaming you?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Just posting news in the news thread, bub.
    this isn’t what the post said originally.

9. Drew has mastered the art of the Cowardly Edit*®.

10. You guys and your conspiracy theories!
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo