Page 1225 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 121112211223122412251226122712291239 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,250 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Did a bunch of nuns follow him, bang a gong and shout SHAME SHAME SHAME? That'd be embarrassing (because dad isn't too original if that's his deal).
    I mean, there's a world out there where the situation could be seen like this. Putting video online could be seen as drawing unnecessary attention to it. Following in the car could be seen as drawing attention.

But it's probably not in this case. I watched the video and the father seems calm and collected, you can't identify the kid. They're on a quiet road, people aren't driving by watching.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

2. I can imagine the adult version of this kid sitting in a support group. One dude talks about his uncle touching him, one talks about losing his parents in some tragedy, then this dude talks about running a mile to school.
    I'm reminded of a certain scene from a certain stoner movie...

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    You're being willfully ignorant.

He followed him a car.

He posted it online.

This will always be out there.

We shouldn't reward parents who punish their kids for Internet fame. Nor leave a permanent record of childhood punishments for the world to view.

This kid will be 40 one day, with kids of his own and they will be able to look this up.
    I strongly doubt anyone's recognized the star of the 1992 America's Funniest Home Videos Grand Prize Champion video since maybe early '93 at best. And that was shown on a popular major network primetime show for multiple weeks and in reruns as it climbed to the very top of an elimination tournament, at a time when interesting home videos were a rare and valuable commodity.

Now everyone has a camera in their pocket at all times. Millions of people have gotten filmed doing something dumb or interesting or shameful or whatever, and a great many of them have had millions of youtube views overnight. Only a fraction of a fraction of the absolute cream of that crop will go on to be popular enough to have their video remembered for more than their initial 15 minutes, and an infinitesimal amount of those will be so popular that anyone actually knows or cares to look up their name in a year, let alone half a lifetime.

To paraphrase Syndrome, "When everyone's popular, no one will be."

I'm pretty confident that 'Bully Running in Rain Filmed From the Rear from a Car 30 Yards Away' is prooooobably safe from the consciousness of anyone in 30 years that he himself doesn't specifically force to watch the video while screaming "HEY THAT'S ME, I'M THAT KID!" at like a maniac.
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 09 Mar 2018 at 10:59 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    People with children arguing with people with no children
    Ehhh that’s not a great rebuttal. By that logic, no one should have any opinions about anything they don’t have 200% immersion in and that’s disingenuous. People come from a variety of experiences and backgrounds and it’s the internet so you’re gonna get people talking about stuff. It doesn’t make either side invalid. Additionally, by your argument, every parent who murdered or abused their child has more parental authority than someone who has no child, and that doesn’t work either, socially or legally.

Anyway, punishment is one thing. Shaming, meme shaming, and not addressing the core issue of why a child is bullying in the first place is stupid. This article gives such little insight on the whole process, but judging by the combative attitude of the father in the article, I would imagine that the child is mirroring attitudes he sees at home! Fancy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. I’ve often heard that I shouldn’t have an opinion on female things, alternative lifestyle things, races other than white things, etc.
    But I know, that’s all different.

Well, TNL is the assholes you know on facebook...

7. But, you still do have the opinions and since it's the internet you usually voice them soooo

8. I just can’t be fucked to care about this kid.
    Boo, Hiss.

9. I really dont.

10. I care