Page 1256 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 124212521254125512561257125812601270 ... LastLast
Results 12,551 to 12,560 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

Unbelievable.

Gotta spend your money somehow, I guess.

3. That’s a scam, right?

And yeah josh, that’s true - the majority of insults definitely result from a dominant ideology, whatever that may be in the context of the culture. I’m trying to think where this is different, because it seems there must be a few outliers here and there.

I’m trying to think about the times I’ve personally used cocksucker, i think it is usually expressed as exasperation. Not sure I ever used it irl toward someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

I wouldn't say scam since it is coming from "Atari" but right now it's just marketing. The reason they're on Indiegogo instead of Kickstarter is probably because they're going to take the money to actually design the product.

It definitely smells a lot like the Coleco Chameleon, but since it's "Atari" doing it this time the Atariage collectards are all over it.

5. I never really used fag, gay, or cocksucker too much. I’m prefer calling people more classic insults like clown, goof, or dummies.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Aren't all insults about taking away masculinity? Implying you're either a woman, a homosexual, or weak for some other reason?

I thought we had this talk a few years back.
    No, not all insults are related to masculinity. I've been attacking everyone's intelligence all day but you've either been willfully ignorant or actually ignorant of what I'm putting down. Attacks on intelligence are not gendered attacks because intelligence is not gendered.

And there are others. Like smell and smelly things. If I say someone is full of shit, that isn't an attack on masculinity.

Or the word fuck. Fuck is non-gendered.

Seriously, do you think if Sats calls a shitty buyer a fucking shit ass idiot, she's perpetuating negativity towards women or attacking men?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I never really used fag, gay, or cocksucker too much. I’m prefer calling people more classic insults like clown, goof, or dummies.
    how about poo poo head?

tldr, aspie.

9. I've tried to eliminate a good swath of marginalizing insults from my vocabulary. I hope I'm doing a decent job at that.

That said, I'll never stop using 'mongoloid' liberally. I don't know if that's gendered but it's quite offensive.

10. Lately I like calling people goblins.