Page 1198 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 118411941196119711981199120012021212 ... LastLast
Results 11,971 to 11,980 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. So Emergency Broadcast System was activated today in Hawaii scaring the shit out of a bunch of people, as it stated there was an inbound Ballistic missile and take cover.

This was later followed up with a "woops".

Shit is getting real.

2. Bomb the Haba!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    So Emergency Broadcast System was activated today in Hawaii scaring the shit out of a bunch of people, as it stated there was an inbound Ballistic missile and take cover.

This was later followed up with a "woops".

Shit is getting real.
    For all the panic this caused, someone needs to get fired. Seriously, it's inexcusable.

Could glowing plants replace light bulbs? MIT professor Michael Strano has tried embedding nanoparticles in watercress and gotten it to glow faintly for 3 1/2 hours. Some of the leaves' stored chemical energy is being used to generate light. Strano & his researchers hope that this could give us trees that serve as street lights.

4. The guy hitting the button by accident isn't the real problem, the fact that it took 38 fucking minutes to let people know it was a false alarm is the real fuck-up. That shit is completely inexcusable.

5. It was probably a happy accident it went off.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. I'm sure people were happy that it was an accident.

7. 38 damned minutes of chaos and the resultant danger that could have been avoided. What if someone was trampled in the ensuing mad rush?
    Sure, I'd be glad to be safe, but extremely pissed at the same time. It just should not have happened to start with. Like I said, someone should get fired.

The real question is how many people had regretful sex?

9. There was a thread on Reddit I saw yesterday asking if anyone did anything they regret in Hawaii when they heard. One response had to be fake but it was golden. Basically he got a sudden promotion at work because his boss got the text message and decided to jump on the CEO's desk in front of the CEO and started jacking it. And then got fired because world didn't end.

10. I saw that and it was very fake but if it wasn't, it would have been great.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread