Page 1132 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 111811281130113111321133113411361146 ... LastLast
Results 11,311 to 11,320 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Nothin but love for artguys and musicgirls but if there were ever a company that needed their CSO to have a lot of training in S, it's Equifax.

When this happened to Target, they did about as good a job as a company can trying to patch things over. They shipped out new credit cards with chips and pin number immediately and offered to cover credit protection for their customers for, what, a year? Granted, if you had your stuff stolen and took a resulting credit hit, Target can't fix that.

But you know who can fix that?

That the same company who scarlet letters you for years for missing a Best Buy payment by a couple weeks is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ing in the face of a colossal and entirely preventable fuck up is infuriating.

2. I'm not saying you can't take such a degree into a field like this but it should at least be supplemented with certifications by the time you're the CSO of a major company like this. All she had was a Bachelor's and MFA in music comp. Fine and dandy for some peon or low level manager but the fucking CSO?
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. I actually think highly of music major; I'd hire one that wanted to work in my field for whatever reason.

That said this is clearly a company with a very lax attitude towards security and that comes from the top. I have zero faith in their ability to either fix the problems or monitor them going forward. Sometimes companies blatantly show they have no business existing and this is one of those times.

4. Good Diff came back.

5. https://bmcnutr.biomedcentral.com/ar...795-015-0030-x

this is the greatest study I've ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the music major hate. People always saying "what are you going to do with an art degree", I'm gonna do whatever I want (poorly).
    most people do that anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    Yeah, I don't get the music major hate.
    Some people don't like being reminded that they aren't creative? That they didn't get to go to college for what they wanted? That they don't like their job, so no one should get to do what they want? I don't know. Other people's perceived impracticality makes them rage inside.

Music theory is some pretty difficult stuff to wrap your head around btw.

I have a few friends that are music majors, and much like Josh, it's fascinating to hear their thoughts on music as they hear and understand nuances I would have never imagined.

If I had a large company though, I'm pretty sure my CSO would have some kind of background in... I don't know... information security? This is not a position that you put an empty suit in because she's good at Excel.

9. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Nothin but love for artguys and musicgirls but if there were ever a company that needed their CSO to have a lot of training in S, it's Equifax.

When this happened to Target, they did about as good a job as a company can trying to patch things over. They shipped out new credit cards with chips and pin number immediately and offered to cover credit protection for their customers for, what, a year? Granted, if you had your stuff stolen and took a resulting credit hit, Target can't fix that.

But you know who can fix that?

That the same company who scarlet letters you for years for missing a Best Buy payment by a couple weeks is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ing in the face of a colossal and entirely preventable fuck up is infuriating.
    Yeah, seems like the only S that Eq's CSO knows is Shit. Jack Shit. Maybe Eq should do us all a favor and quit business. And the CSO... how she made it to that position is quite a mystery.
    The ramifications of an Equifax data breach are far worse than that of a Target one (and that itself is bad enough). A credit bureau should know better. So, I think they should face a far worse backlash than Target would.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan
    Sometimes companies blatantly show they have no business existing and this is one of those times.
    Hammer hits the nail.

10. Credit reporting has its place in society, creditors shouldn't lend more money to serial debtors and people ignoring other debts they have, but the way it's currently set up is terrible. I think that once a defaulted debt is paid or settled it should be completely removed from your history, and there should be a status for a debt that's under a payment arrangement. There should be incentive for people to be responsible with their debts rather than threat of punishment for being irresponsible.