Page 1187 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 117311831185118611871188118911911201 ... LastLast
Results 11,861 to 11,870 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

I guess it really depends on how much you care about American retail. Some care. Some do not.

2. The few TRU stores that I've lived near have been going downhill since the '90's.
    The one that really sticks in my mind is in Hamilton. It went from being a giant wonderland of toys to something that's a third of the size(they partitioned the building and turned the rest into a bookstore and a sporting equipment store) and looks like a typical low end department store toy section.
    There's really nothing there worth saving.

I'm not sure if anything would save toysrus as it is. The prices are normally a few dollars higher than everyone else and they are probably located further away than other retail options.

Amazon could save them. They could use their technology to measure and meet customer demands. And they could use the toysrus brand for big box and kb for small box stores. Also, they could keep the prices competitive.

4. But, isn't part of that also about what is in demand? Like, kids' wish lists now are not that different from adults, with top items being phones/tablets, PS4/Xboxen etc.? Stuff like Legos have kinda priced themselves out of accessibility and there aren't really equivalents to Castle Greyskull or the Joe aircraft carrier.

5. Nah that’s teenager shit. Kids want all sorts of weird toys you’ve never heard of. Fidget spinners being the latest. Silly bands come to mind. And lately there’s a weird hatch bird toy that they all go ape shit for. Hatchimals I think.

There are still plenty of non-branded LEGO stuff well within a reasonable price range too.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 25 Nov 2017 at 06:35 PM.

6. Hatchimals are soooo last year.

It's all about Fingerlings this year.
    MSRP on the dumb things is like $15.

7. I heard that slime is back in style for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasteel View Post
    But, isn't part of that also about what is in demand? Like, kids' wish lists now are not that different from adults, with top items being phones/tablets, PS4/Xboxen etc.? Stuff like Legos have kinda priced themselves out of accessibility and there aren't really equivalents to Castle Greyskull or the Joe aircraft carrier.
    I'm not convinced kids need tablets.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I heard that slime is back in style for kids.
    Kids fucking love slime. Its become a hobby. Kids make slime and sell it online. They trade recipes and shit.

I'm ok with that. Good on them. Make that slime, you little bastards.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I heard that slime is back in style for kids.
    Yeah actually my nieces and nephews were making that stuff last time I visited.