Page 877 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 863873875876877878879881891 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,770 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    Agnostic
    How is that not a religion but atheism is?. One is saying there is no god, and other says there is no way to know for sure.

See my edit above.

3. Eh, that's the third of three definitions on marriam-webster, and is a bunch of malarkey to me.

: the belief in a god or in a group of gods
    : an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
    I'd be shocked if this isn't what most people think the definition of religion is. But if the common belief today is that atheism is a religion and agnosticism is not, then I retract my statement and believe we then need a Unified Agnostic Alliance... or an Allied Agnostic Alliance. Which one had the otters?

4. I don't feel the need to attach a label to not believing irrational bullshit.

where's all the pretend outrage for someone derailing the thread with bullshit now?

6. 11220800_921142767954198_6002979874550098951_n.jpg

It was a toss up behind whether to post this here or the bugging thread. I wish people put more thought into their thought processes.

7. Today's Random News

The problem is you can't nuke an idea. Anti western sentiment and anger is pretty well-earned all over the place, and it seems pretty easy to flip the switch between 'moderate' and 'extremist' when western powers are zipping around making your cousin's wedding party blow up.

Radical Islam has the advantage of asymmetrical warfare, the whole idea is to hit us on the nose and run off so that we tear ourselves to pieces in response.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I have no issue with people blaming these things on Islam. All religions are harmful and need to die.
    Islam is my least favorite of the religions. However, it isn't Islam itself that breeds the extremism. So we can't blame it specifically on the religion. Does it need to go? Yes - but in the same way as any other religion: through education and logical reasoning (aka never gonna happen).

And Yoshi ... picard.jpg

9. Anyone else smell something?

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    The problem is you can't nuke an idea. Anti western sentiment and anger is pretty well-earned all over the place, and it seems pretty easy to flip the switch between 'moderate' and 'extremist' when western powers are zipping around making your cousin's wedding party blow up.

Radical Islam has the advantage of asymmetrical warfare, the whole idea is to hit us on the nose and run off so that we tear ourselves to pieces in response.
    I think we give these people too much credit when we talk like this. It isn't this well thought out.

Its a bunch of backwards angry men lashing out at the world. Trying to take control in a world that they perceive to have no control in. A world that they think is at odds with their interpretation of their own culture, and if the rest of the world would go away, the land of milk and honey would return.

And as someone that interacts with that sort everyday, we really just need to give them long ok paying jobs, fast food, some action movies, and some unchallenging hobbies, like fishing or knowing too much about a sport. If we could do that, they'd all be as harmless as Yoshi.

...hmm, do they have the internet over there? And 16 bit console games? Maybe we could make them a forum and create some bots to ague with them. That would keep them busy enough that they wouldn't have time to smuggle in guns. Hell, if we could get them to collect master grade transformers, amiibos, and old books, maybe they'd be too broke to buy them too.