Page 886 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 872882884885886887888890900 ... LastLast
Results 8,851 to 8,860 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Well if we had federal background checks like we should they can flag suspected terrorists to not be able to buy guns.
    That probably wouldn't do it.

From the same article "The law prohibits felons, fugitives, drug addicts and domestic abusers from purchasing a firearm in the United States. "

So those things are already checked. So either the FBI doesn't have a good way of proving who's in a terrorist organization, or they don't want suspected terrorist to know that they know they might be terrorist.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    How exactly is anyone suppose to track that? How is like, walmart, the gunstore or the dreaded ammo seller on Amazon suppose to know that you or anyone else is in a terrorist organization?

Or any organization?

Do our driver licensees need to be swipable with a link to data on us? Maybe a collection of facebook data?

Go to walmart and the cashier can find out how many POC or LBGT friends you have? What church you're a member of? If you voted democrat in the last election?
    You know that feeling you get when the cat you're petting is so cute that you kind of want to squish its cute little skull with your hands? Like the cuteness overflows your capacity for adoration and spills over into your capacity for angry outbursts? That's the feeling I got reading this and your other posts today.

RRRRRYOURESOCUTEILOVEYOUSOMUCHYOUSTUPIDLITTLEFFFFRRRRRRR

3. Ok Lennie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

4. It's on'y a botcheek, George.

I'm glad I post on a forum with the capacity to understand that reference in at least two different directions.

Yesterday's news, but I haven't seen it translated yet. ISIS video. No killing, just talking.

7. Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Well if we had federal background checks like we should they can flag suspected terrorists to not be able to buy guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    I would be ok with creating a database for that and retailers tracking it, but the definitions of Terrorist Organizations are too up to interpretation.
    This is why I hate this discussion. We need to something, but we don't do anything, but anything we could do will either end up being run poorly or overzealously. This country is good at two things: Fucking up magnificently then letting people go while still paying a pension and finding out how to take advantage of loopholes in law to get shit we want done.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    You know that feeling you get when the cat you're petting is so cute that you kind of want to squish its cute little skull with your hands? Like the cuteness overflows your capacity for adoration and spills over into your capacity for angry outbursts? That's the feeling I got reading this and your other posts today.

RRRRRYOURESOCUTEILOVEYOUSOMUCHYOUSTUPIDLITTLEFFFFRRRRRRR
    This made me snort my coffee out on my screen because I heard it in the Patton Oswalt, high-pitched screechy voice.

8. Hollande reaffirmed his commitment to taking in refugees today. He actually stated a bigger number, 30k, than the 24k he earlier pledged to help over the next two years. Felt good to well up over a nice thing today.

9. Read an article today in the Toronto Star about how the US is watching Canada closely because it's taking in so many refugees (25,000) and so quickly.
    Last edited by Brisco Bold; 18 Nov 2015 at 04:55 PM.

You guys are just asking for some freedom.