Page 1195 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 118111911193119411951196119711991209 ... LastLast
Results 11,941 to 11,950 of 13449

Thread: Today's Random News

1. He’s not wrong.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Big Headed Babbies

Over the past 100 years, life in America changed dramatically. People no longer toil in the fields, and they don’t struggle to consume enough calories. We have too much food and not enough physical activity. This means our bodies don’t have to divide fewer calories between the body and the brain, so enough energy can go to the brain, allowing it to balloon. Improved medicine also contributes to larger heads-- in the past babies with bulbous heads could not escape the birth canal and many died. With the increase of C-sections, more and more of these big-headed babes make it into the world.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    Are you suggesting that boomers shouldn't be further rewarded for their lifetimes of easy abundance?
    I suggest boomers die quickly and get out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Error View Post
    I mean...that should be a shot across the bow of everyone who still thinks rare games are going to hold their value if digital copies haven't crushed that dream yet. Also, this could just be the latest example of what happened to comic book collecting and card collecting. Glut on the market, prices drop.
    It's the part of economics that no one wants to talk about: demand is not infinite. We've reached peak demand for muscle cars.

People can't just keep buying this shit and hoping to double their money.

And it isn't today's youth's job to increase demand. It's hilarious that so many news articles read like "kids ruin everything by not propping up ponzi scheme"
    Last edited by Fe 26; 04 Jan 2018 at 02:18 AM.

Like, ok examples. If I go on ebay right now, there is a 1959 Cadillac for 140k, 75k, 68k, and if you want the one that is actually important to millennials, the ghostbuster car, that will be $225k. And that doesn't get you an actual GB car. Thats just for a Cadillac converted to look like one by someone not connected to the films.

Or lets pick another car. The 1969 dodge charger. 100k, and 365k

Also, looking at the comparable listings at the bottom, I see a 1969 shelby cobra for 198k

Now, the internet tells me the average yearly salary for a millennial is $35,592.

So that ghostbusters car, if you were just not eating or paying for anything else, would take 6.4 years to earn the equivalent $$$.But realistically, if it was like your only hobby, it would be more like a third of your income, so 19 years. And lets say you some how get a loan for it, and with about 5, 6% interest that would be about 38 years.

And this is even more sickening for anyone that grew up in the hobby, because most of these cars were wrecks or hulls that could be gotten for $500 to $1000 each in the 80s and early 90s.

So guys, please think of your local boomer and put yourself into massive debt that will haunt you until you're their age so they can retire.

6. Those old muscle cars drive like garbage trucks anyway. They are only for show and rich people need to diversify their portfolios so they are looking into art, cars, whatever else that is not stock market related.

Muscle cars aren't really my thing, but I do think it's kinda hilarious that a lot of the old guys look at the modern 700+ HP monsters that are better in every conceivable way except that they lack style and they get trashed for not being "real" muscle cars.

8. I can sort of see where they're coming from though. With the classic cars, it's all mechanical. The cars have balls because someone physically made it so and to keep them on the road you need to know how to drive. Modern cars are computer designed and all but drive themselves. Half the fucks driving a modern Corvette wouldn't be able to if not for all the computer assists going on.
    I know I'm old, but I'll never drive a car in which the brake pedal isn't directly attached to the braking system.

Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Muscle cars aren't really my thing, but I do think it's kinda hilarious that a lot of the old guys look at the modern 700+ HP monsters that are better in every conceivable way except that they lack style and they get trashed for not being "real" muscle cars.
    Eh style counts for a lot. There isn't much exciting about some ugly turd car that is awesome on paper that you never actually get to drive fast.

Also there is something to be said for the joy of fixing an older, simpler machine.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I can sort of see where they're coming from though. With the classic cars, it's all mechanical. The cars have balls because someone physically made it so and to keep them on the road you need to know how to drive. Modern cars are computer designed and all but drive themselves. Half the fucks driving a modern Corvette wouldn't be able to if not for all the computer assists going on.
    I know I'm old, but I'll never drive a car in which the brake pedal isn't directly attached to the braking system.
    Fair enough, but those old cars' brake system alone would scary me shitless. I remember driving this dude's old Jaguar, you have to pump the brakes and hope for the best.