Page 1156 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 114211521154115511561157115811601170 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,560 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/28/medi...ter/index.html

So Russia was also making fake black activist facebook pages. This furthers the idea that they don't so much want to join sides with one side in the US, but get all sides to fight with each other.
    I saw a twitter account for Antifa checked in from Russia, was that already posted here?
    There's a lot of talk now about how many online activist accounts are bots, and a lot of theories as to who is behind them. It's a really weird situation, something like 80% of twitter is supposedly bots. The same number of accounts going back and forth on Net Neutrality, as well.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

I guess we're finally getting a taste of what Europe has had to deal with for 70 or 80 years or more. There were plenty of groups and news papers backed by other nations as far back as ww1. Maybe further.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunlap View Post
    My initial reaction is that this is a troublesome theory because it's basically boiled down to "I didn't know I could do that until I saw someone else do it." I think it might be true, as you do see suicides increase whenever suicide is brought up, but it could easily be extrapolated to violent movies and video games increase violent behavior, and I don't think this board would like to entertain that thought.
    I also disagree that everyone has a trigger for mass murder. Most people's kill response is tide to fear, hunger, etc. And even then, it goes away after the threat is ended.

It's probably closer to fetishes. Like doc didn't know he liked lady boys until he saw a pretty lady boy. While josh may never like lady boys no matter how many he sees. He just doesn't have it in him.

But I don't buy the blank slate idea of people. We can't make transistors to be exactly the same and people want to think a bunch of dicks and vaginas smashing together can.

4. "Hey, baby. Wanna produce some identical transistors?" Wink. Wink.

5. I actually disagree! I think everyone has a capacity for mass violence in them. Sort of a Lord of the Flies type thing - you wouldn't necessarily ever commit an act of violence unless all the minute degrees add up and you hit your threshold. In the majority of cases, this will never, ever, ever happen. The factors just aren't there - people don't own guns, or they don't hit that point of stress that would push them over the edge. All the factors have to be checked in order for a tragic scenario to play out, and that's why it only happens in very rare cases. But I do think that we all have it in us, it just never has a reason to come to fruition.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

6. Quote Originally Posted by fe View Post
    It's probably closer to fetishes. Like doc didn't know he liked lady boys until he saw a pretty lady boy. While josh may never like lady boys no matter how many he sees. He just doesn't have it in him.
    Lol. You have the craziest analogies.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    A popular theory on the chans today is that it was a fbi/cia fast and furious gun deal gone wrong. That this guy was really an agent and got found out by the buyer. They flipped out, shot him, attacked the crowd then left in the 20 or 30 minutes it took the cops to get up there between the end of the shots and the cops busting in the door.

The justifications are:

All the guns are the same. All of the clips are the same. Collectors and gun nuts don't buy piles of the same shit. Criminals and terrorists do.
    He bought a bunch of guns over the years in Nevada. If he was some CIA dude, why would he buying guns at a store for some trap deal? They get all that shit privately for that, don't they? Use seized weapons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I actually disagree! I think everyone has a capacity for mass violence in them. Sort of a Lord of the Flies type thing - you wouldn't necessarily ever commit an act of violence unless all the minute degrees add up and you hit your threshold. In the majority of cases, this will never, ever, ever happen. The factors just aren't there - people don't own guns, or they don't hit that point of stress that would push them over the edge. All the factors have to be checked in order for a tragic scenario to play out, and that's why it only happens in very rare cases. But I do think that we all have it in us, it just never has a reason to come to fruition.
    I guess it depends on how big a brush you paint with. If we are talking "kill a lot of people" yeah, I agree. Like if someone was being attacked and it was kill or be killed, most would kill.

But if we're talking the murder of innocents, I don't agree. I don't think a lot of people have the desire. Most are probably adverse to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Like doc didn't know he liked lady boys until he saw a pretty lady boy. While josh may never like lady boys no matter how many he sees. He just doesn't have it in him.
    Do you mean liking them with my penis? Because you're right if so, and wrong if not.

10. How about liking them with their penis?