Page 1233 of 1345 FirstFirst ... 121912291231123212331234123512371247 ... LastLast
Results 12,321 to 12,330 of 13450

Thread: Today's Random News

1. Arnold Schwarzenegger just had emergency open-heart surgery. Apparently it had to do with a valve he had replaced back in 1997. He's currently stable.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

2. get well soon governator
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

3. People were talking about in chat last night, but it's a pretty big deal.
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/arianelange...aQp#.syrBoBWkD

Ren and Stimpy creator is outed as child predator. I really don't think the article needed to add the photo of the underage girl in the bathing suit that he took, but whatever. Anyway, it comes as yet another addition to a long line of artistic and creative individuals who are slowly being de-throned for being pieces of shit. Out of many of the examples of abusive and coercive behavior i've heard in the whole #metoo movement, this one strikes me as especially heinous and familiar. The aspect of the underage girls is bad enough, but his tendency to suddenly stop talking to girls who he deems too old or boring or whatever is especially troubling. I was never this huge Ren and Stimpy devotee, but a lot of people I know really dig it and I know this hits them pretty hard.

4. Looks like that photo was removed from the article already.
    I feel about the same. I have never sat through an entire R&S episode because I thought it was just stupid, but I have friends who loved that show.
    It sounds like the same old story of a guy who surrounds himself with vulnerable subordinates and sycophants to give himself impunity.
    The lawyer's statement is pretty disgusting. He just spews excuses and acknowledges no wrongdoing.
    Last edited by kedawa; 30 Mar 2018 at 09:46 PM.

I just liked SNICK growing up. We didn't have nick at my parent's house. My grandmother did. The first few years of it were a nice surprise.

Whole thing is depressing. Everything it touches, depressing. Its also like a train wreck you can't stop reading because he wasn't just a pedophile. He was a smart one. He created a rather elaborate plot to get these girls in his life. And its pretty worrisome about so many other shows. People that worked on ren and stempy are like everywhere. In everything you like. How'd none of them know? Was filling the animators group with 20 somethings really that great of a cover?

And he even dated one of them! And had her at parties!

Also, slightly related, an old interview with some of the other creators.

http://www.animationscoop.com/interv...n-stimpy-show/

They end it with a comment that he only hires sub 25 year olds...this was 2 years ago before this story hit.

also, don't google Dan Schneider. Apparently he was a ped with a foot fetish. He'd work feet into those live action nick shows and keep pictures.

7. divorce the art from the artist yall.

8. My favorite movie is always going to be Chinatown despite Polanski. So, yeah, separation is definitely necessary. But it's important to know how prevalent the behavior is in entertainment, too. Hopefully, so we can actually identify the patterns before the people can do real damage, but....we'll see.

IP - I guarantee other people knew, and I also guarantee that they condoned the behavior even if they didn't participate directly in the grooming/abuse. I imagine most other people (prob men and women alike) just assumed the girls were complicit and it's easier to ignore than confront, nor did anyone want to lose their job, etc.

Oh one of those g
    John k girls was complicit. But she was a dumb kid too, and didn't realize to the level she and other girls were being groomed.

I'd be far more sympathetic if it was just 1 16, 17 year old girl and they fell for each other. But dude was just about growing these girls. He'd find them at 13 and start prepping them. He was prepping multiple girls at one time. And discard them in their mid 20s. He just wanted to diddle kids.